Thread: I have changed my mind

I have changed my mind

It seems that President Biden administration has accomplished something no one thought possible. He has been able to acquire four new states to join the United States. Job well done Mr President.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Does this have Kleptocracy in it too?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Ahhh... I get it now. The problem is you think there are 50 states. President Biden says there are 54.

I'm thinking there are 5 contenders: Puerto Rico (we already pay to support them), New York City (no one else wants them), Washington, D.C. (multiply no one wants them by 10), Cuba (they owe us), and The United Kingdom (but dammit, the monarchy comes with it).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Actually, it is a reduction in states from when Obama was running.
    https://www.reuters.com/video/watch/idWAO1209788800644
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Actually, it is a reduction in states from when Obama was running.
    https://www.reuters.com/video/watch/idWAO1209788800644
    This video file cannot be played.
    But I remember seeing it anyway......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I have zero interest in trying to shore up or sink anyone here----I am simply sharing facts.

Nearly five million people — residents of Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, and the other U.S. territories — are taxpaying U.S. citizens that have fundamentally different voting rights and representation in government than residents of the 50 states.

What are the U.S. territories?

Similar to states, territories of the United States are sub-national administrative divisions overseen by the U.S. government. The United States has held territories throughout its history. In fact, many current states started off as territories before they were granted statehood. Hawaii and Alaska were the last two territories to become states — both in 1959. Currently, the United States occupies sixteen territories, five of which — Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, and the U.S. Virgin Islands — have permanent inhabitants who are U.S. citizens..
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Biden is wrong that we've got 54 states cause Obama said we have 57. I'll go with 57 cause "more" is an American tradition.

Hunter

Don't forget Canada, eh? I don't remember when they became a state but when I go there, it is pretty much a continuation of whatever state is south of them. I've mentioned that to my relatives in Ontario and they just called me a hoser and told me to take off, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Don't forget Canada, eh?
    Ahhh... yes. I recall a song from a few decades ago sung by some SCTV players. "Eh," was one of the subjects addressed.

Hunter