Thread: In a nod to the snow---I have to honor SOUP!

In a nod to the snow---I have to honor SOUP!

I love soup---all kinds---even more so in the winter when it is cold and blowing with snow flying in the air. Sitting with a bowl of soup looking out the window gives me a feeling of control over Mother Nature----you might rule outside Madam----but inside I be da boss, and I am warm and cozy

So---this morning I put on a big pot of split pea soup

In addition to two pounds of dry split peas there is pancetta, onion, shallot, celery, carrots and a BIG picnic ham bone. To go in latter, leaves from the celery, parsley, fish sauce, Worchester sauce----and whatever might fall into my hand and sound good.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

What time is lunch?
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Tomorrow---it just went into the aging phase

Before doing that I added bay leaves and fresh dill---which is drying over the back of one of the kitchen chairs
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Ahhh... my Mother made an excellent split pea soup. Seriously, you know how every family has certain favorite dishes? Well, this one is it in my family.

And, then comes Wifey into the picture. She despises split pea soup - to the point wherein she won't even try a taste. But, is that a deal breaker? Nope. More for me, the way I see it.

Mom always put the best ham chunks she could find in her soup. So now, thanks to Dave, I am hungry.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Before I put it to bed for the night I took out the bay leaves and the dill flower heads (2) and then used my immersion blender---which I love---to make it smooth and creamy

Hurry up tomorrow

Tonight is the night