Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Fried egg, bacon, lettuce, tomato, on home made sourdough with a light spread of mayo was this mornings breakfast

Hey, everything in moderation! I love bacon now and then.

I'm REALLY digging that crust on that sourdough!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

Now that right there looks delicious! Can't get that at McDonald's.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

baked that myself

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20221031_215247~2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	389.0 KB 
ID:	39233
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Ahhh... I used to love a full-scale American breakfast - eggs, bacon, sausage, yada yada.

Doc said I have to eat healthier (I actually trust docs now). So, it's oatmeal every morning. I'd bitch about it - but my blood tests came back clean this quarter - which makes it all worthwhile.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Ahhh... I used to love a full-scale American breakfast - eggs, bacon, sausage, yada yada.

Doc said I have to eat healthier (I actually trust docs now). So, it's oatmeal every morning. I'd bitch about it - but my blood tests came back clean this quarter - which makes it all worthwhile.

Hunter
    I have oatmeal for breakfast 5-6 days a week. but sometimes I get sick of it and make something decadently unhealthy because I want to.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Fried egg, bacon, lettuce, tomato, on home made sourdough with a light spread of mayo was this mornings breakfast
    ]
    yummy!! it's not breakfast without bacon! i used to have bacon egg and cheese bagels daily for breakfast. as i age, i seem to be adding veggies and loosing the bagel. this morning was an onion, red bell pepper, mushroom, bacon, cheese, eggs and diced taters on a flax seed wrap
    it's time to change the air in my head

Forgive me Father----and Kevin---for I have sinned-------again

For breakfast this morning, I had two slices of pizza warmed up in the air fryer----but there were veggies on them
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Dave, sinning would be letting leftover pizza go to waste.

Dave, sinning would be letting leftover pizza go to waste.
    That might work for God----but I'm thinking Kevin won't buy it
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Hey, I don't wanna be the food police. I'm sorry if I came across that way. I'm down 120 lbs. from 360 to 240 by eating better and exercising and just wanted to share that and maybe help someone else who was thinking of getting healthier as well. For the record, my wife and I had date night out at the movies (saw Black Adam, the new Dwayne Johnson movie) and had pizza at our favorite place afterwards. Sausage, mushrooms, onions. And at the movies, we shared a medium popcorn. After pizza, we had a Nouveau Beaujolais from 2020. So I'm no paragon. Just trying to pass along some positive waves, man.

Damn glad I don't eat with y'all! Breakfast for me is either a big sausage patty or 4 slices of bacon, 2 eggs and a slice of cheddar cheese on toasted French bread slathered in butter. If I buy out it will usually be something like a double meat, double cheese Whataburger, large fries and large Dr. Pepper. Good eats!

Today it was the sausage, egg and cheese variation on toasted French bread.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Should I ever have the honor of hosting you at my home, Mike, I would be very glad to provide food that you would recognize and enjoy. As my guest, it would be the very least I could do to make your stay pleasurable.

This thread has gone completely off track from where I hoped it would. I take full responsibility for that.

Just a little funnin Kevin

Why thank you, Kevin. Don't go to any special efforts on my account, though. I don't believe a guest should alter household routine any more than can be helped.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

...something decadently unhealthy because I want to.
    And what's great about that is you're in good enough health to handle an occasional diversion.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead