Thread: Keep em worried

Keep em worried

Depending on the source the numbers of killed seem to float a bit---but that is just details---the "meat" is in the actions and their apparent success.

U.S. forces on Thursday morning carried out two separate operations targeting senior ISIS leaders in northern Syria that resulted in the deaths of at least three senior leaders.

One, conducted by helicopter near the village of Qamishli, reportedly targeted Rakkan Wahid al-Shammri who, according to a statement from United States Central Command, was “known to facilitate the smuggling of weapons and fighters to support ISIS operations.”

According to U.S. Central Command spokesman Col. Joe Buccino, al-Shammri was killed during the operation and one of his associates was wounded. Two additional ISIS members were also reportedly captured.

The statement from CENTCOM also said that no U.S. forces or local civilians had been killed or injured during that raid, and that it was carried out without any loss or damage to U.S. equipment.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"...no U.S. forces or local civilians had been killed or injured during that raid..."
    - Task Purpose

Now, that's a successful raid.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead