Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The not so righteous right

OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    If Herschel Walker wins, there's something wrong with our system. I'm not generalizing this to others - just him.

Hunter
    Add the Reps running for state office here in AZ. All election deniers. Hopefully they don't make it in.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Now today from the WSJ, a new revelation about this bastion of rino morality and acceptably low character:

ATLANTA — The woman who told The Daily Beast on Monday that Herschel Walker had paid for her abortion in 2009 told the outlet on Wednesday that she was the mother of one of his children, undercutting his defense that he did not know her identity.

Mr. Walker, the Republican nominee for Senate in Georgia, had swiftly denounced the original Daily Beast article, denying its veracity and pledging to sue the outlet for defamation. So far, the campaign has not pursued any legal action.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    The responses in this thread by some of our friends that are clearly Democrats is irrelevant to me. I was very interested in what ben and Kevin had to say. I figure in general Ben leans Republican and Kevin is a pretty much middle of the road guy.
    Tom, can you also identify those of our membership who will vote Republican no matter who their candidate is?...Specifically I'm thinking Trump (R)/Biden (D)/Phillbo (I)......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Hmmm... this Philbo guy might be something to look at. Heck, if he's a citizen, if he's relatively articulate, if he's got a minimal criminal record - we're halfway there.

It would be refreshing to vote for someone I want in office vs voting against someone I don't want in office.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

As more and more revelations of Walker's lack of integrity and character are exposed, it seems the rino "party" digs in deeper in support of Walker. I can't help but conclude that those who would support him and even vote for him are not similarly morally bankrupt. Surely anyone of high moral character would revolt at the thought of having such a person as Walker representing them.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    As more and more revelations of Walker's lack of integrity and character are exposed, it seems the rino "party" digs in deeper in support of Walker. I can't help but conclude that those who would support him and even vote for him are not similarly morally bankrupt. Surely anyone of high moral character would revolt at the thought of having such a person as Walker representing them.
    Um No, not really Dave. There's a R after his name. We as a nation are so hung up on one party or the other that's all we see. No one wants to ask a candidate what has he done or she done to actually help people.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Um No, not really Dave. There's a R after his name. We as a nation are so hung up on one party or the other that's all we see. No one wants to ask a candidate what has he done or she done to actually help people.
    More to that point:

In the Philadelphia Inquirer, columnist Will Bunch pointed out that Republican leaders have not condemned Walker for his hypocrisy on abortion, his lies about it and about the many other things he has lied about during the campaign, or the many allegations of domestic violence women have made about him. Instead, his campaign says it has raised half a million dollars since the news broke, while Walker recorded an ad claiming he has been “saved by grace.”

Bunch noted what many observers have already called out: that the Republicans no longer care about anything but winning. But he went on: they insist on winning so they can put their vision of Christian domination into effect. “[T]he so-called ‘family values’ of American fundamentalists…turn out to be mere window dressing that can be tossed for the movement’s true aim: authoritarianism,” he wrote.

Saved by grace?

A search resulted in, "God's grace is all or nothing."

At times like this, I miss drinking.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	310763377_513893187508927_3419217304947819931_n.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	39199
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	310763377_513893187508927_3419217304947819931_n.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	39199
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

My friends, the proverbial chicken has come home to roost. Mr. Walker has fired his political director (per Fox News). From here on out, his campaign will be fierce (said in an obviously weighty masculine voice).

Hunter