Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The not so righteous right

The not so righteous right

Dana Loesch, a former spokesperson for the National Rifle Association and a former writer and editor for the right-wing media outlet Breitbart, made the position of party leaders clear: “I don’t care if Herschel Walker paid to abort endangered baby eagles,” she said. “I want control of the Senate.”
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

While I think the example she has listed in her response is crass, I do share her sentiments.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    While I think the example she has listed in her response is crass, I do share her sentiments.
    “I want control of the Senate.”
    It does me no good for a political party to control the Senate if I have no control over that party......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    It does me no good for a political party to control the Senate if I have no control over that party......Ben
    Amen Ben.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Then you won't be voting or you also have the choice of writing in somebody that has no chance of winning and of course voting for the Democrats.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Also I might add that I yearn for the days that the backslidden Republicans can attain the level of superior righteous moral guidance and leadership in the Democratic party.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Well stated.!!

Add me to those kudos Ben
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Then you won't be voting or you also have the choice of writing in somebody that has no chance of winning and of course voting for the Democrats.
    Tom, although I understand your chosen position, there are still other candidates and backing organizations than the two dominant parties...Each one will be studying after the election how they gain the votes they missed this time...With the exception of a few local politicians whom I personally know and approve, nobody within those two parties will get my votes this go-round...Those who listen to the voters who did not vote for them may change their positions enough to gain those votes next time...

But I doubt it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

It isn't so much that someone supports one team these days. It seems to be mostly about how much one despises the other team. it is hard to find someone to actually vote FOR. My father often said that the last politician he voted FOR was Eisenhower.

I thought I could vote for Eisenhower as well. I liked Romney and Dole and Bush I, for the most part. Had a hard time with other candidates.

One of the most pernicious things this time around is a carryover from Clinton and Trump - the idea that character does not matter, that the candidate is being hired to do a job. It is showing up in the Herschel Walker race and a number of other races, with the party under fire closing ranks around a very flawed candidate (though that seems to be the entire crop these days). I have come to think that we can survive just about any form of incompetence but bad character is really dangerous. You get Clinton deciding that he can defy the Supreme Court, or Trump staging a coup to overthrow an election. The problem in both cases is not only the bad character of the person, it is all the worms that are emboldened to crawl out of the woodwork to support or further that candidate's goals.

The responses in this thread by some of our friends that are clearly Democrats is irrelevant to me. I was very interested in what ben and Kevin had to say. I figure in general Ben leans Republican and Kevin is a pretty much middle of the road guy.

Don't start this habit of telling other people who they are. I thought we were past that.

I was only stating the obvious.

Which is obviously incorrect, so let's not repeat history.

If Herschel Walker wins, there's something wrong with our system. I'm not generalizing this to others - just him.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead