Thread: Adirondack colors

Adirondack colors

No photos, I was on my motorcycle.

Colors are peak around me. Early this year and came fast fast fast. About a week to a week and a half earlier this year due to the cold September we've had. Rolling up Route 28, through the mountains, beautiful colors, sweeping turns and vistas from the tops of hills, no cars to speak of. The area is like one of the those newsreel travelogues from James Fitzpatrick - it just oozes with 1930s and 1940s charm. The Old Forge Hardware store https://www.oldforgehardware.com has damned near anything you can think of and if they don't, they can order for you and it will be in next Tuesday. The Strand cinema across the street is an old time movie house run by by a young couple and plays second run stuff for a few bucks. You can check out the film camera collection in the lobby when you get your bucket of popcorn they make fresh for you.

The Enchanted Forest has been around since my parents were young and it has a giant Paul Bunyan in front (no Babe) and the types of rides that were popular in the 1950s (bumper cars, the whirling teacups, the mixer, etc.) and now has a water park across the street. For $20, you can take a tour of the Fulton Chain of Lakes, see all the high dollar camps, ride on a beautifully restored wood Chris-Craft from the 1920s. The old Howard Johnson's is also right by the Hardware store and its iconic neon Simple Simon and the Pieman sign was rescued and is now in a sign museum. Went for a nice walk around the lake then saddled up and headed home.

Almost time to put the bike and the Cadillac away (sniffle!). Not too many days for these rambles left.

It seems the good Lord flipped the switch---all of a sudden we are seeing stunning reds and yellows mixed in with still bright greens---it looks like this is going to be one of those memorable falls
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    ...wood Chris-Craft from the 1920s.
    Classics. If I weren't into cars, I'd be into them.

(But, the important thing is the joy, and personal freedom, of riding a bike.)

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

This is where I live.

Attachment 39189

Yesterday, I took a three hour ride to see the colors in the area. Saddled up the Harley, gassed it up and took off. Just rolling down the highway, listening to the engine, smell of leaves in the air, beautiful sunshine on my face. Can't beat it.

I would literally love to see that part of the country this time of year. I'm sure it is beyond gorgeous.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Deciduous trees are definitely God's gift to us. That's a beautiful shot, Kevin.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Parts of Oregon has the same charm of the leaves turning. Aways a great sight, but would like to tour thru New England during the fall, it's on the bucket list.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Up at the cottage:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007-10-28 11.29.44-1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	500.9 KB 
ID:	39191  

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Outstanding.

Hunter