Thread: I'm always a bit cautious of these claims--but hopeful as well

I'm always a bit cautious of these claims--but hopeful as well

Russians soldiers are running out the back door while putin tries to round up replacements.

VALENTYNA ROMANENKO — TUESDAY, 4 OCTOBER 2022, 11:46

The Chief Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine says that more than 2,000 Russian soldiers have contacted them over the past few weeks asking for an opportunity to surrender.

Source: Andrii Yusov, representative of Ukraine’s military intelligence, on the Freedom TV channel

Details: Yusov said there had been a surge of requests after the successful counteroffensive by the Armed Forces of Ukraine in Kharkiv Oblast and the announcement of partial mobilisation in the Russian Federation.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'll believe this phase of the current unpleasantness has closed when I see Putin led away in handcuffs......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I would be Okay if he were on a stretcher---with a full sheet over him---if you know what I mean
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Putin looks like a fool - and the citizens around him know it. We'll definitely know he's toast when his hand-picked successor turns his back on him.

The Russian economy is tanking, losing more than half its worth since the war started. Our analysts predict the Russian economy will retract another 60% this coming year. The Russian people deserve better - and may just take matters into their own hands. Putin recently changed the laws regarding Russian presidents - allowing himself to serve two more terms in office. I don't think he's going to make it.

Good riddance, Vladimir. May the Iron Curtin crush you.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead