Thread: Out popped Flaco

Out popped Flaco

We are up at the cottage cleaning out. I had contacted a couple of auctioneers and met with one this morning--deal done

My wife was not happy that I did that---but she got better real quick. They are going to come and pick up everything that we don't want and take it to their facility. I have impressed my wife that there is NOT much that we want----and I am not about to save anything on the thought the kids might want it and might come and get it---maybe before closing

So we are now making three groupings, one to the auction, two to be donated (and they will pick up as well) and three to the trash. So, I was cleaning out my desk drawers (which has been with me since the first grade--and one of the few furniture pieces that will go with us) and along with a fairly impressive knife collection out popped our friend Flaco---or at least a piece of paper with his real name and telephone number That was from a visit by Flaco and his brother some years ago---I'd guess at least 10 years.

So Flaco is now in the crate with the knives

We are wound down for the day---I just have to make dinner---all fresh veggies from my Amish green grocer
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I see what I consider to be Down Sizing in your post. Maybe that's because that's what WIfey and I are doing. Our nieces and nephews, and the corresponding family generation, can come and get what they want. Material things just aren't as important to us as they used to be. 'Cause, what's important is our health and how our retirement is unfolding.

May yours go well, my friend.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

neat! the house number is done with, but the cell number is still the same
    it's time to change the air in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    neat! the house number is done with, but the cell number is still the same
    Excellent
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

As to downsizing the wife still thinks she's going to make a ton of money on the stuff we gotten over the years.

I think two piles: 1 good enough to donate and the 2nd the trash guys get it.

Last of the kids moved out 6 months ago and I've been slowly throwing stuff in the garbage when she's not looking. She go in and and say something wasn't there more stuff they left? Me--No.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    I think two piles: 1 good enough to donate and the 2nd the trash guys get it.
    That's the way it turned out with most of the "priceless" antiques my Mom collected over her lifetime...Some of it was valuable, most not...But it was always for her enjoyment to be able to buy, sell, trade and collect...That was the important part...Same with my guns in the end - one man's treasure, another man's trash......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...