Thread: RIP Coalminer's Daughter...

RIP Coalminer's Daughter...

You brought joy to many hearts...
    Lynn, who had no formal music training but spent hours every day singing her babies to sleep, was known to churn out fully textured songs in a matter of minutes. She just wrote what she knew.
    RIP......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Thank you dear lady for making this a better world----RIP
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I just listened to a few of Ms Lynn's legacy--including her signature "Coal Miners Daughter". I hope no one takes what I am going to say in any way other than how it is meant. I am not a devote fan of country music and many of country artists are not schooled---they are "home made" and their voices reflect that. That said---many of them (Dolly Pardon is another) convey a feeling of honesty in what they do that is often missing in the more technically perfect performers. Simply put, these folks do it with love and a completely open statement of this is who we are---and there are no apologies.

I don't see a lot of movies---but I did see "Coal Miners Daughter" and I thought it was outstanding---it conveyed that honesty
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I dislike Country Swing but love the classic country acts, including Loretta Lynn. I picture her now singing with Patsy Cline, Dusty Springfield, and Tammy Wynette.

I married a coal miner's daughter and do not regret it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead