Thread: Oh the irony

Oh the irony

OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    This comment answers your post adequately:
    No, I seriously doubt President Biden sits around and makes decisions which individual low level
    anti-vax Service members need to be fired. That is just Federal policy, no matter how well you do your job...
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    It’s not about vaccination..it’s about following orders.. I had a Brazilian Kazilian shots from Navy Medical and the only choice that I had was to pick an arm..

It’s an order, not an option ..

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    This is just stupid.
    I agree, it's stupid to throw away a career, and risk death at the same time over being scared of a needle......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

You made your bed bud, now you get to lie in it
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I had to make the same choice with covid vaccination. Get the shot or lose my EMT Lic and job. 90% of the Fire Fighters Paramedics and EMTs CNA's and Nurses got the shot. The rest became unemployed. We were not allowed to endanger our fellow workers or the general public. I got the shot, not that I needed club over my head to do so.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I despise getting shots and blood draws. But, because of the meds I'm on, my doctor requires them. Yeah, I could switch docs but she's right when it comes to health issues. I owe it to Wifey to stay healthy.

Personally, I think we're losing some good people, like the guy in question, due to what's a major health issue in our country. I've been in the military and went through the Police Academy twice (an upgrade to Peace Officer). I didn't agree with everything I was ordered to so - but did so for the organization.

During the Olympics, I had two outstanding staff, a husband and wife team, who refused to dress appropriately. They faced disciplinary action but chose to quit their jobs rather than comply. They made their choice and I could not get them to reconsider.

Being a Coast Guard member is an official military position. It's unfortunate they must follow rules/policies they don/t agree with, but it happens. He does sound like one heck of a guy and I wish him well. He'll probably succeed in his new vocation.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    USMC has just issued a MARADMIN message about the flue shot.. MARADMIN 514/22

3.a. Per refs (a), (b), and (c), all Marine Corps active and reserve component personnel shall receive the 2022-2023 seasonal influenza vaccine(s) unless medically or administratively exempt.
    The Military doesn't ask about vaccinations