Thread: Question for the legal experts..

Question for the legal experts..

If your home was destroyed or marked as unsafe, do you as a right to vote as from there or at the temp address you are staying at?

What happens if the mail in ballot doesn't reach you in time? Or you don't have id to obtain a new drivers license or voter card?

Just the pot for those so concerned about who can vote.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Well silly---the first question will be: "what is your party of registration?"

If you give the "right" answer---no problem----if not, someone will get back to you---in December
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I know that when we had homes in SLC and Las Vegas, we were required to identify one of them as a primary residence. As I recall, labeling it a primary residence required that we stay there a specified portion of each year.

I'm curious - why the question?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I know that when we had homes in SLC and Las Vegas, we were required to identify one of them as a primary residence. As I recall, labeling it a primary residence required that we stay there a specified portion of each year.

I'm curious - why the question?

Hunter
    I don't think many homes will be re-built because of lack of or not enough insurance. I know that some made the choice as to be able to live or buy insurance, hoping we the public will not be on the hook for some of those decisions.

After this I also wonder how many insurancw companies will stick around in FLA or other coastal areas without raising prices thru the roof(pun).
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    I also wonder how many insurancw companies will stick around in FLA or other coastal areas without raising prices thru the roof(pun).
    That same question was asked after Hurricane Alicia did so much damage in Houston when I lived there in the 80's...I remember one company bailing out of the area, and others filling the void...There have been several storms since then with far worse damage, and the city and its insurers are still there......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yeah, If I recall, Galveston was devasted by a hurricane as well. At one time it was the busiest port in the U.S.

Wifey and I seriously considered moving to Hawaii about 20 years ago. We were looking at the area around Pahoa - which was later devasted by Krakatoa. Interestingly, you can't buy home insurance on the Big Island. So, if lava overruns your property, you still own the same property - with the added bonus of a free lave rock coating.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yeah, If I recall, Galveston was devasted by a hurricane as well.
    122 years ago...In terms of human life, still the deadliest natural disaster in American history with 8000 lives lost...The city was rebuilt, and the island reinforced with a seawall that has been effective against storm surge since......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Voting.. I always wondered.. for people, snow birds” who “winter” in a warm spot then summer at “home”.. the location with over 183 days residency is now the “legal” residency, voting, taxes etc.. yet here if a car is “garaged” in Virginia for over 30 or 60 days, it requires local licenses (except active duty military).. how does that work?

Insurance.. the insurance company is in business to make $$$.. their business plan is for more $$$ to come in than goes out.. ( I like the $9.95 life insurance on TV.. yes you can buy it for $9.95 a month, but for my age $9.95 buys about $9.96 worth of coverage)

On edit.. for a 75 yo man.. $9.95 life insurance has a coverage/premium crossover of 55 months, without interest. Also no benefits are paid for first two years, just premium refund…. So now there is a 31 month window of you making $$$, but only if you die.. as I stated, insurance companies are designed to make $$$, not help us..