Thread: I am surprised

I am surprised

That we are not seeing more Insanity like this near the borders as the frustration continues to grow. If the allegations here are true this is absolutely disgusting.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/30/us/te...sts/index.html
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I sure hope this is not a new trend. No one should get shot at for being an immigrant.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I sure hope this is not a new trend. No one should get shot at for being an immigrant.
    Nothing new...I read that some of the Pilgrims got shot at with arrows some time after disembarking the Mayflower...Also a former Tennessee congressman was killed along with his compadres down in Bexar County by Federales who accused them of being illegals in their country......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Dayum! I think I'll go home now.......
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

To me this is worse than reported in Honda's link. These two have been charged with man slaughter---really

The way they caught these two is that they were driving a "work truck" from the detention center where the one worked.

A 2018 report found officials at the Sierra Blanca facility had grievously abused 80 men who were detained at the center. Over a week, the men faced beatings, racial taunts and sexual abuse at the hands of the center’s officials who were under the leadership of Mike Sheppard at the time. The Intercept reported the allegations more than four years ago.

Mike Sheppard was accused of punching a man in the face and kicking him while he was handcuffed on the ground in solitary confinement, according to The Intercept.

Before the 2018 incident, the West Texas facility came under scrutiny from Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Office of Detention Oversight, citing health services deficiencies and a lack of training on how to use nonlethal weapons. Inmates at the time resorted to using plastic bags for toilets and had to kill a rattlesnake found in their sleeping quarters when officials failed to respond.
    What happened is inexcusable, but I can't get out of my mind the thousands who have died swinging on the end of a rope or hundreds of other ways people not like "us" have been killed. Ahmaud Arbery comes to mind as a recent example.

I hope the charges are "upgraded" but I also have to wonder if the dead man and the wounded woman had been white ranchers (for example) what would the charges have been
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

All of this occurred not too far from Chihuahua, where my Grandmother was born.

Some of our citizens do not like what's happening at our Southern border. I get that. They are frustrated enough to break laws, probably because they feel politically powerless. I'm not saying I approve of their actions - I simply understand the pressure they feel.

I'll state the obvious - we're seeing an impact wherein our Federal government does not support the needs of a state. If Texans had known this was going to happen, I doubt they would have joined our nation.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead