Thread: The Funeral Moved..

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..

The Funeral Moved..

My cousin just died and I couldn’t make the funeral (it’s all ok, was his time)

Family is in North Jersey.. right at the George Washington bridge.. family funerals have always been at the funeral home across the street from the hospital (for Dave, Holy Name Hospital in Teaneck, just off of I-95/I-80 between the bridge and I-80 split) … the funeral was at a new (to us) funeral home in Fort Lee, x5 miles away, right at the GW Bridge..

I asked my cousin (different cousin) why the funeral home change.. she said..

“All in all a beautiful service and nice day.
    As usual the Smiths turned it into a party at the funeral parlor. At least they weren’t passing around the Hennessey in paper cups like at Aunt Vee’s. It left rings on the end tables where it took off the varnish! True story!
    We all did a Tanqueray shot in Bob’s honor in the parking lot at the repast. “
    And now I know why they used a new funeral home..

Can’t make this stuff up..

That brought a smile to my face---not because I know the location but your description of the refreshments-----it can be worse----they could have gotten into a fight in the parking lot It wouldn't be the first time that happened
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Hmmm... I'm thinking that drinking a liquid that takes varnish off of tables may not be a good thing.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead