Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trump's little "pocket judge" does it again

trump's little "pocket judge" does it again

She's a keeper donnie

Florida federal judge Aileen Cannon on Thursday rejected a request from the special master she appointed to review documents seized from former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate to have Trump's legal team verify that the government's inventory log of seized items is accurate.

Judge Cannon's ruling again hands yet another process win to Trump's legal team, which will now no longer face the same deadline to state on the record whether they would dispute any of the items listed on the government's detailed inventory.

Trump's legal team earlier this week filed a letter under seal raising their objection to the request from special master Raymond Dearie -- even as Trump repeatedly in public statements and interviews has made baseless suggestions the FBI "planted" documents in order to incriminate him.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

As a Federal Judge, she can do mostly procedural things to get in the way. And, all of those actions are reviewable by higher courts. I'm confident our system has enough checks and balances in place to handle a possibly rogue judge.

I'm not taking shots at you, my friend. Your concerns are valid and thought-provoking. In simply saying our Justice System can handle it. I doubt many citizens of other countries can say the same thing.

Huner
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Not long ago I would have felt differently, but trump stacked the deck, with Mitch McConnell's help and we are left with a long list of Federal Judges and Justices that are federalist society's lap dogs.

I hate to say it but just like this bimbo in Florida many are political puppets.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Not long ago I would have felt differently, but trump stacked the deck, with Mitch McConnell's help and we are left with a long list of Federal Judges and Justices that are federalist society's lap dogs.

I hate to say it but just like this bimbo in Florida many are political puppets.
    Hardly a bimbo

Aileen Mercedes Cannon was born in 1981 in Cali, Colombia. Her mother had fled Cuba under Fidel Castro.[2] She attended Ransom Everglades School, a private high school in Miami, Florida.[3]

After graduating from Duke University in 2003 with a Bachelor of Arts, Cannon worked as a paralegal for the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division from 2003 to 2005. She then attended the University of Michigan Law School, where she was an articles editor for the University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform. She graduated in 2007 with a Juris Doctor magna cum laude and Order of the Coif membership.[1][4]

Wilipedia
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Hardly a bimbo

Aileen Mercedes Cannon was born in 1981 in Cali, Colombia. Her mother had fled Cuba under Fidel Castro.[2] She attended Ransom Everglades School, a private high school in Miami, Florida.[3]

After graduating from Duke University in 2003 with a Bachelor of Arts, Cannon worked as a paralegal for the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division from 2003 to 2005. She then attended the University of Michigan Law School, where she was an articles editor for the University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform. She graduated in 2007 with a Juris Doctor magna cum laude and Order of the Coif membership.[1][4]

Wilipedia
    What a migrant? Where's her citizenship papers? Must be a drug runner. Just adding all that other crap that was and is being thrown out about others born out of this country and making their way to a better life.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I read all that when she first showed up in the circus.

Like I said----she is a bimbo

Oh, I dunno. You are going to get judges with different perspectives on things. If it becomes an issue for the DOJ, they will undoubtedly appeal, as they have in other matters. The appeals court already ruled on the classified stuff. What's being argued about here is small beer delaying tactics about stuff that really isn't of much importance. I doubt the DOJ much cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I read all that when she first showed up in the circus.

Like I said----she is a bimbo
    What's your definition of bimbo? In the perspective of a judge is it someone that rules differently than you would like?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    What's your definition of bimbo? In the perspective of a judge is it someone that rules differently than you would like?
    Look it up in the dictionary, it is rather clear.

I did and it seems the term is very misogynistic.

I am not going to continue this little game with you---but you might want to actually look up the meaning of bimbo---you will find that it can apply to either male or female.

As for this "pocket judge", her decision in this case has been criticized by multiple highly regarded legal scholars ----even Bill Barr, who you were a fan of while you were openly a trump loyalist.

So--to close this for me----this judge is still a bimbo---enough said

Well, I think she just has a different perspective on things. She graduated magna cum laude from a pretty good school, so she isn't stupid. She seems overly solicitous to Trump's position but if a judge is going to err, I'd prefer they err on the side of a defendant. The goobermint is already got enough firepower stacked on its side. I know that in this case, it is Trump and he seems to have enough money to buy whatever talent he needs but the DOJ has unlimited resources - monetary, investigative, legal - and while I hate to see Trump win at anything, I can't help but think "what if I were facing off against the DOJ?" I'd like to have a judge that is overly solicitous of the defendant in that case.

Oh, sure - so now I'm Googling "Bimbo" to see what the definition is. According to Wikipedia, it's a "Conventionally attractive, sexualized, naive, and unintelligent woman."

Now, the above description does not sound like one used for a successful Attorney who was appointed to a Federal court position. I've been around college types - she was probably a straight-A student who studied rather than partied.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Big question is has she overstepped her authority in this case? Up to the 11th Circuit Court for that answer.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I'm Googling "Bimbo" to see what the definition is. According to Wikipedia, it's a "Conventionally attractive, sexualized, naive, and unintelligent woman."
    I remember Bimbo as the clown who escaped Max Fleischer's ink bottle, then morphed into a cartoon animal of some kind who then became Betty Boop's boyfriend...I miss those cartoons......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...