Thread: ginni thomas

ginni thomas

All I can say is, clarence got what he deserves:

WASHINGTON – Ginni Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, repeated claims the 2020 election was stolen, despite a lack of evidence, while testifying Thursday before the House committee investigating the Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021.

The committee wanted to interview Ginni Thomas about her advocacy for challenging the results of the 2020 election. The chairman, Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., told reporters after the session she repeated her opinion the election was stolen despite a lack of evidence.

"She said that," Thompson told CNN.

Her lawyer, Mark Paoletta, issued a statement saying she answered the committee's questions, voiced her concerns about election fraud and condemned the violence on Jan. 6.

"As she has said from the outset, Mrs. Thomas has significant concerns about fraud and irregularities in the 2020 election," Paoletta said. "Beyond that, she played no role in any events after the 2020 election results."
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I can't get excited over any of the Thomas family controversy. I believe it is possible to separate private life and business life.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I can't get excited over any of the Thomas family controversy. I believe it is possible to separate private life and business life.
    I agree, but I have great doubts that is the case with the thomas's.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I think it says something that she testified. True, she didn't tell them what they wanted to hear, but she did cooperate. She easily tops those that refused to show, took the 5th, or lied.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Pelosi's husband is somebody that drives drunk, does that mean Nancy does?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

What's the issue with her? That she may be influencing her husband? He's already a radical conservative, so what's left for her to influence?

Wait till you see some of the dissenting opinions that will surely come from Justice Brown. And then as you described Justice Thomas you will also be able to describe Justice Brown the same. So they'll cancel each other out. Except that she won't be in the majority
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

No doubt. These things go in cycles. We are just entering into a conservative court cycle and God bless him, Thomas has waited nearly 4 decades for his moment and it has come. Brown's time will come when the cycle moves back liberal. So it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    We are just entering into a conservative court cycle...
    Yes. SCOTUS members come and go.

I've always admired the way most "Supremes" do not retire simply because they've served their time. Instead, they believe enough in what they're doing that they stay until death takes them out. It truly is a lifetime appointment.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead