Thread: Good news for Texas

Good news for Texas

I just read that desantis has called abbott and ordered 20 more busloads of migrants for Florida ASAP
    desantis said he would be glad to pay by the head, like the last shipment, plus all freight charges----just don't tell anyone

desantis is a little ticked however, abbott doubled the price since his last shipment.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Abbott's getting advice from the cartels. As long as he focuses on the immigrants the drug smugglers have an even easier time.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

On a serious note----could not both abbott and desantis be considered to be involved in human trafficking for the Martha's Vineyard stunt?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    On a serious note----could not both abbott and desantis be considered to be involved in human trafficking for the Martha's Vineyard stunt?
    That's going to depend on a lot of factors. There are many questions that will have to be answered. I think the most important will be how they induced the illegals to take the trip.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

These immigration stunts are just that - stunts. Other than media fodder, no changes to immigration have occurred.

Personally, I think President Biden should meet with the National Governors Association and work with the members to discuss relevant laws and policies.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Heard that one of the migrants thanked old D yesterday for getting him out of FLA before the storm hit.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Reverse Freedom Rides were attempts in 1962 by Southern segregationists to send African Americans from Southern cities to mostly Northern, and some western, cities by bus. They were given free one-way bus tickets, and were promised guaranteed high paying jobs and free housing. Those promises were intended to lure African Americans in. In reality, there was no guaranteed free housing or jobs waiting for them. Some of those arriving were able to find work; most could not.

The Reverse Freedom Rides were a parody of the Freedom Rides which were organized by the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE) and the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) beginning in 1960. The reverse rides were organized by George Singelmann, member of the New Orleans Greater Citizens' Council, in retaliation against Northern liberals. Singelmann viewed the reverse rides as a way of testing the north and proving white northerners were not sincere in their desire for racial equality. In a TV interview Singelmann stated, "They have been crying the sing song on behalf of the Negroes throughout the nation. And of course now when it comes time for them to put up or shut up, they have shut up." Singelmann also viewed the rides as an opportunity to steal some of the press coverage which was continuing to be devoted to the Freedom Rides and as a means to remove some African Americans from the state's welfare roll as he believed they were draining state resources.

At the start of their operation, Singelmann and the Citizens' Council planned to send thousands of African American families to the North. They attempted to secure $100,000 from the Louisiana legislature to fund the plan, but failed and had to rely on individual and group donors. The first Reverse Freedom Riders arrived in New York on April 20, 1962. By spring of 1963, the Southern segregationist scheme had been exposed and the Citizens' Council ran out of funds to continue their operation. By the end of their operation, they had not met their goal, but still managed to lure approximately 200–300 African Americans into participating in the reverse rides. The most common destinations were New York City, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_Freedom_Rides

DeSantis and Abbott are merely continuing a fine old Southern tradition.

I just heard that desantis wanted the first shipments to be dropped off at the Ft Myers Home Depot---but the bus drivers said they can't find it