Thread: Does this mean Eddie might be drafted?

Does this mean Eddie might be drafted?

What a rewolten dewelament that might be

Vladimir Putin granted Russian citizenship to Edward Snowden, who leaked highly classified N.S.A. documents and fled the U.S. in 2013.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I understand there's an immediate, newly created opening for a recruiting commissar......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Conrad, you are the next volunteer-----stand up-----now

This could get interesting----the famous Russian winter has defeated more than one Army and the Russians couldn't keep their troops supplied last winter----this might turn out to be putin's folly
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I read some news release that the Russian conscripts are being told to report for duty with their own feminine hygiene products to be used for their own bandages as none will be supplied. No body armor will be issued to the conscripts. What a way to fight a war.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I read some news release that the Russian conscripts are being told to report for duty with their own feminine hygiene products to be used for their own bandages as none will be supplied.
    The line forms here......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Honestly, and apart from my antipathy towards the current regime, I cannot imagine what it must be like to live in Russia these days. It is almost as if there is a national consensus to allow all the looting and political repression as long as people are basically left alone in their daily lives. Same bargain in China. Now, the draft has upset that apple cart. When that happened before, a Tsar got kicked to the curb.

It was the cavalier attitude of the Tsar and his regime to the deaths of gazillions of Russians in war that eventually ended the Romanov dynasty. There had always been unrest and agitation in Russia but the enormous death tolls in some of the battles in WWI, coupled with the extreme unpreparedness of the military with respect to equipment and training, along with incompetent leadership, that tipped the scales for Nicky. Sound familiar?

I read a comparison between what is happening with Putin now to what happened with the the Tsar in 1917 after he ignored his advisors and took command of the military. The same as Putin is doing today. May Putin meet the same fate.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke