Thread: Locally Base Grocery Chain Misses the Mark

Locally Base Grocery Chain Misses the Mark

Brookshire's, a locally based grocery chain with over 200 stores in 4 states just sent me an email with the subject line of "Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month". The body of the email contains five print and clip coupons. One coupon for Hellmann's Mayonnaise, one for Lipton Teabags, one for Knoll's Bouillon Zero Salt and two for Folger's Coffee.

What happened to National Hispanic Heritage Month? Not a single "Hispanic Heritage" product listed in the email.

Methinks Brookshire's needs to hire a new ad agency.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I didn't even realize they were still in business...They used to be big......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Over 200 stores in 4 states is big to me.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Mayonnaise comes from Spain. Folger's makes 100% Colombian coffee, according to Mrs. Olsen. Surprisingly, Knoll's is used in a lot of Latin American dishes. Lipton makes Hibiscus Lime Agua Frescas, a very popular flavor in Latin American countries.

Best I got. Sorry.

I think the concern might have been if we put typically purchased items by Hispanics some would claim that they were stigmatizing them. Remember Dr Jill's comment about breakfast burritos.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.