Thread: Another master has left the house

Another master has left the house

Pharoah Sanders was a one of a kind Saxophone musician. From the NYT:

Pharoah Sanders, a saxophonist and composer who was celebrated for music that was at once visceral and spiritual, purposeful and ecstatic, died on Saturday in Los Angeles. He was 81.
    Unlike many Jazz Sax players who you can identify simply by hearing a few bars---they adopt a sound that infuses into virtually everything they play. Pharoah Sanders did not fit that model at all---I suspect if you were to have asked him yesterday if he had explored all the places he wanted to go with his Sax he would have sad---not yet---but I'm working on it

Thank you for hours of amazement

I know where your next gig is---and they are ready for you
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

My saxophonist father thought a lot of him. And, at 86 years old, Dad still plays and performs.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead