I've been in communication for some time with a Russian family (husband, wife, sister, nephews) who saw the debacle in Ukraine coming at an early point, and decided to make their way west on a permanent basis...By a circuitous route through Romania, Bulgaria, Belorussia, even Turkey, they managed to gather again in Montenegro where they currently reside...They are becoming formal, permanent residents there, and following a gain of legal status as such, they can all apply for US visas...They are (collectively and individually) undecided on a formal destination, but plan to visit America, Canada and England to consider permanent moves...

They managed to get out of Russia with most of their possessions, but at a cost of course as money had to grease the wheels of escape...For now they say they are in relative safety with other expatriates in Montenegro while they plan their next moves...For those interested, here is a link to the news as seen from one source to which I have applied Google Translator...I believe each viewer can use whatever translator you have available to gain their perspective...Like all sources it has its bias, but might be worth the time for another viewpoint......Ben