Thread: Contenders for the throne

Contenders for the throne

Well, such as we have one in the US.

I was reading in the NYT a column I try to catch, a conversation between Gail Collins and Bret Stephens, a liberal and a conservative about who Bret would vote for in 2024. He preferred DeSantis over Trump, natch, but he depressingly noted how awful the Democratic choices are shaping up. Kamala Harris? Gavin Newsome? DeSantis would bring cage fighting for people looking for catharsis and a real love of sticking his thumb into everyone's eye who disagrees with him. That's the same personal crap I hated about Trump. But at least he'd also bring some policies I can live with. What do we get with a President Harris or Newsome? Nothing I want to see at all, from the personal stuff to the policy stuff. God help all of us when these are our choices.

If newsome were to be elected, I'm resigning.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Newsome , Harris , Butplug , the Fake Indian , and without a few more
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Trump, Desatis, and the above Dems make Biden look good
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Trump, Desatis, and the above Dems make Biden look good
    I hate to think that is all we have.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I would vote for Liz Cheney as she has ethics, but the MAGA's will see to it that we will never have that chance.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I would vote for Liz Cheney as she has ethics, but the MAGA's will see to it that we will never have that chance.
    I could live with that, but like you say, MAGA is set to screw anyone who is not a flag-waving member of the cult.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	307767746_497630659135180_4446818886039648788_n.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	39166

Now, that unseemly doctored photo of DeSantis is funny, no matter which side you're on.

It's getting late in the game for a strong Independent to rise up. I'm starting to understand why some Americans will no longer vote.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I could live with that, but like you say, MAGA is set to screw anyone who is not a flag-waving member of the cult.
    Think it's finger waving now.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I'm seeing Rowan and Martin with their Fickle Finger of Fate in the background.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I'm seeing Rowan and Martin with their Fickle Finger of Fate in the background.

Hunter

Exactamundo.

Hunter