Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For Sale

Thank you Mike---I'd like to be more happy about it
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    It's done---signed the contract today at $270,000.

I had an appraisal done about 6 weeks ago (for $470) and that was $243,000

With the real estate market in retreat I thought the prudent thing to do was simply to say yes----we did get them to extend the closing date by 30 days.
    Congratulations.. you did the right thing.. the bidding wars are in the past..

And don’t ask my investment advice.. oh, I’ll give it, but after the past several days, you really don’t want it.

Good deal Dave. Not sure if putting it under the mattress is the right thing though.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

The final accounting is now done. We had a net (before tax) gain of 33% over 15 years after deducting all capital improvments. After deducting Capital gains tax of 15% that will fall to 28% net. We didn't buy it as an investment so I am OK with that.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 11-28-2022 at 02:41 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Don’t forget to adjust the final numbers by adding the Air BnB rate for every night spent there.. it’s not real $$$, more politicians speak $$$ but should help the feel good quotient..

Congratulations..

My feel good target was to minimize the capital gains tax----I think I did pretty well

Without the adjustments, the raw appreciation was 82.5%.

I have to add that these calculations were made much easier by the fact that I am anal and everything goes through Quicken.