Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The fussy King?

The Romanovs were killed yet British Royals live. Brit's Royals were smart enough to give up their power (yet, not their riches). Now, British citizens go through the motions like royals matter, but they don't.

One of the incredible ironies is that Americans apparently love news about the Royals. This bothers me, for our country was founded in opposition to Royals.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I think that it is because they are exotic, rich and have great PR flacks. Kind of like any celebrity. I don't think there is a lot of consideration given to what they truly represent.

I hope not, anyway. Britain spilled a ****load of blood creating and keeping that Empire the royals manage.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    The Romanovs were killed yet British Royals live.

Hunter
    Nicholas requested sanctuary and GeorgeV denied it to him..

Ahhh... I love it when our crew is royalty astute.

With modern genetic technology, we were able to determine all of the Russian royals died when the family was shot. For many years, all of the family was not officially identified, leading to charlatans claiming to be Anastasia (etc.).

In America, we've had a few scandals where people claimed to be connected to wealthy families - which leads one to question how, in this age of home computers/digital access, people can pull off a false identity.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    ...how, in this age of home computers/digital access, people can pull off a false identity.

Hunter
    Or why?...I can't imagine anyone being so dissatisfied with his own identity, he would choose to be me......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

OK, she's in the ground.

Allow me to say that as a royal, I've never liked Charles. He always looks constipated but perhaps, as Ringo Starr always says, "it's just me face". But the guy is completely clueless. He gives a speech about duty to the poor while seated on a gilt throne. He believes himself to be a self-made millionaire, for goodness sakes. Yeah, he said that once, when enthusing about produce from his Duchy High Garden enterprise. True, the products do well, not the least of which is the name recognition which he had nothing to do with other than being a sperm lottery winner. And he could take this flyer into organics because he has enormous inherited wealth to fall back on. He ain't gonna ever go broke like us commoners because the Treasury will ensure he does not. And he never has to pay tax. So he's a self-made millionaire like Cornelius_Vanderbilt_II was.

Seventy years of rigorous separation from real life will do that to ya.

Man, that Newport "cottage" his family had was bigger than any house I've seen.

I like how Cornelius' Wikipedia page has a very Napoleonic portrait of him with a hand inside of his jacket.

Hunter