Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The fussy King?

I personally don't feel any need to honor or respect King Charles. No one at least I haven't said that the monarchy hasn't done good things over the years but any system which aligns power simply upon birthright is ridiculous. I've read ad nauseam about all the picky fussy stuff these royals require. I mean the Queen's bath water had to be at a certain temperature and a certain number of inches from the top. These people are entitled, simply because they were born entitled. Again sperm lottery winners.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Ever think that the reason they are fussy is that they have absolutely no control about almost every other aspect of their lives?

It is sometimes hard to see the rich and famous as anything but the position they hold. I truly understand. I felt that way when I was dating Princess Di. She really isn't the clothes horse she seemed in public. When alone, she'd slouch around in a Gucci hoodie, for example. In public, though, she had to pretend she didn't know me and I think that she was successful in that.

You really messed up when you lost her!
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

On another note I have a friend who is set to inherit around $200 million dollars when his elderly parents die. He has lived pretty much a great life, but he also has a successful law practice. At times he has been unbearable, but as he's gotten older he has lost a lot of his arrogance and narcissism. Back in the day he referred to me as a rwm. I asked him what that meant and he said redneck with money to which I promptly responded well then you're a slw. He asked me what that was and I said sperm lottery winner. It's stung him and then he laughed. We're still great friends.

Uh oh here he goes again.

https://youtu.be/2Encm187scA

In public, though, she had to pretend she didn't know me and I think that she was successful in that.
    In all fairness to the lovely Princess, (I admit to being predisposed in her favor) I can understand a noticeable distance. How would you feel if you were in Diana's place and knew that Prince Cad was carrying on with the old village wench?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

After we broke up, I kept in touch with HRH until her security staff asked me to stop calling, and we discussed that. Why Camilla? She was really nothing special. That's when I found out that she knew the Venus Butterfly Technique, which is a closely guarded secret from ancient India. It was left out of the Kama Sutra as too dangerous for most mortals but apparently, Camilla was able to study with a yogi for many years and became the first westerner to master it. DeeDee never told me what it was, out of fear for my health. So that's one theory, anyway. DeeDee (my pet name for her, she called me Sir Kevin) always had my best interests at heart. She was like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Uh oh here he goes again.

https://youtu.be/2Encm187scA
    I can quite understand his reaction. Mine would have been stronger.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Let us not forget, the princess was no angel having her share of affairs as well. But perhaps we shouldn't speak ill of her since we are apparently not allowed to discuss her wayward husband.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Oh, for goodness sakes, Mike. "Apparently not allowed"? YOU set the rules here, you can say whatever you want. I put in a vote for kindness and decency. You can put in a vote for whatever you like. I tried to lighten things up a bit but seems I touched a nerve.

I believe that Charlie was having his way with the old gal prior to his marriage to Diana---and also while she was married. Obviously Charlie has a rather serious eyesight problem

And this just In:
    King Charles III, Britain’s new monarch, built up a portfolio worth more than $1 billion, aided by tax breaks, offshore accounts and real estate investments.
    Now that's what I call a hardship of the job
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Brits who've criticized the Royals have been arrested. And yet, if Americans do it - Brits can't do a thing about it. That says something about our freedoms vs theirs.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

From Dave's post above:
    King Charles III, Britain’s new monarch, built up a portfolio worth more than $1 billion, aided by tax breaks, offshore accounts and real estate investments.
    Wait until you see what the Queen had managed to squirrel away. One item alone, a stamp collection, is worth about $115,000,000.00 American. And, that's just a start.

As mentioned in the linked article, some of her wealth is shared with the rest of the royal family and some with the government. It appears to be an executor's nightmare.

Queen's (et al.) Wealth

And will never know anything about the will by law it can't be revealed.

They have a lot of money, true, but it takes a lot of money to buy up the Romanov jewels:

https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/33312...british-royals

Note though that the jewels sometimes are a message. When Elizabeth visited Russia in 1994, she chose a Romanov broach to wear. Think that was coincidence? Think again. The Bolsheviks killed her relatives. This was Elizabeth with a bit of subtle messaging. Nothing the royals do is ever just happenstance. Every single thing they do, right down to the clothing they wear, is part of the job.