Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This will come under MORE

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Ben, are the Jerry Cans for fuel?

Hunter
    Keep it on the down low, but Ben transports moonshine in those cans. He just smears a little Diesel around the top so it smell right. Better money than the precious metals business he was previously engaged in.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Ben, are the Jerry Cans for fuel?

Hunter
    That was the purpose when I bought them as I planned longer trips than I've been able to afford since (read re-allocation of available funds)...I figured if I was out on the road with unknown mileage between fuel stops, it might be wise to have the ability to carry extra known-to-be-good fuel just in case...But they've never had anything in them since bought new...Like everything else in plain sight on the deck, they are bolted down, chained and padlocked...

For my traveling locally the 52 gallon tank that came with the truck as OEM has served my purposes...However, being never satisfied with the status quo, I'm now looking at adding an additional 50 gallon tank that I can use to gravity feed the stock tank when I find the occasional fuel stop that sells cheaper...I'll need two of these to keep the drive-by opportunists at bay, and a feed tube to the main tank as well...There's room for everything in a corner of the stakebed that will still allow room for gun show goodies to be loaded on...I'm aware the extra weight of the fuel will negate whatever cost savings there may be, but what the hell, it's only money, it's not like it was something good to eat......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Keep it on the down low, but Ben transports moonshine in those cans. He just smears a little Diesel around the top so it smell right. Better money than the precious metals business he was previously engaged in.
    Somebody musta squealed...I suspect that Alabama "farmer" I've been transporting for all these years...He makes good corn squeezin's I'm told, but he can't keep his mouth shut after he's been sampling his own product......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

In my off-road groups, we'd tease newbies if they got a winch, "If that's a backup, you won't need it." 'Cause, it seemed like being prepared for an emergency meant it wouldn't occur. If anything, you used your winch to help other people. I had a winch on my D90 Defender and didn't use it - cause I didn't get stuck.

I carried a Jerry Can in the back of my Harley Tri-Glide. I used it whenever I took the backroads down to Las Vegas. For, there are no gas stations on the E.T. Highway.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead