Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dang thing just followed me home today

Dang thing just followed me home today

Seriously? I love those Heritage Classics. And, no more chains to worry about.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Yep. Last bike I owned was a 2001 Valkyrie. Sold it when commuting was getting just too dangerous. Now that I'm retired, I live in the country and just want to bomb around country roads.

114 cu inch Milwaukee 8 with 120 ft lbs. of torque (insert manly grunting noises here).

Wow that's incredible Kevin! I've been wanting to know somebody that had that bike with that engine. I have studied that engine somewhat and it is a marvel of technology.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Beautiful bike but there is no way I would ever get one after seeing the aftermath of too many crashes. Stay safe, Kevin.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

My last bike, named Mufasa. Hey, no comments, please! My daughter named the bike after the James Earl Jones lion in The Lion King.

Attachment 39102

Thinking about naming this new bike Betsy. Classic American bike, classic American name.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Beautiful bike but there is no way I would ever get one after seeing the aftermath of too many crashes. Stay safe, Kevin.

Yeah, I hear ya. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Wow that's incredible Kevin! I've been wanting to know somebody that had that bike with that engine. I have studied that engine somewhat and it is a marvel of technology.
    I'm pretty excited, but for right now, my right wrist is being good. Just burbling around the back roads a bit today.

I've ran in to some obstacles this year, not on a bike and had to get rid of my Goldwing, I miss it like I've lost a loved one. Congratulations! That's a beautiful ride!
    This is your mind on drugs!

I've never owned a motorcycle, but have forever admired a big, thumpin' Harley...Congrats, Kevin, and be careful out there......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

You sold your Wing? THAT'S a bummer! Those things just about drive themselves. Only motorcycle I ever heard of with an optional wine cellar. They are something!!

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I've never owned a motorcycle, but have forever admired a big, thumpin' Harley...Congrats, Kevin, and be careful out there......Ben
    Yes, there is no safe way to drive a motorcycle. All you can do is lower the risk by riding smart. And not driving like UTAH. Did I mention his name came up in my last Motorcycle Safety Foundation class?

Yeah - earned that one.

My wife and family made me agree to never ride another bike. I get it - they went through emotional hell due to my last caper.

I really do miss them, though. I'm trying to be an adult by doing what they want... but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

May you be safe, Kevin.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Gave those up back in the seventies. Always want to hop aboard one again yet wisdom of old age keeps saying no. Keep the shiny side up.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yeah - earned that one.

My wife and family made me agree to never ride another bike. I get it - they went through emotional hell due to my last caper.

I really do miss them, though. I'm trying to be an adult by doing what they want... but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

May you be safe, Kevin.

Hunter
    I seem to have said something with more meaning than I knew. I am sorry, UTAH. I didn't mean to bring up any pain for you. I just was remembering a conversation from maybe 15 years ago where you talked about how you navigate your ninja bike through traffic, with a slash and thrust sort of procedure to work your way up the traffic bolus. That was the last time I remember the topic of you and motorcycles coming up so I was teasing you about that. I didn't realize that you had some things come up on the personal front with respect to motorcycles. Sorry, buddy.