Thread: I think I am out....

I think I am out....

This site has turned into a Dave Grubb **** show since he retired ... I have no interest anymore.... FART!

Phillbo@yahoo.com if any one once to stay connected....

Sorry Bo----I will back off. I don't want to see you go.

Added in edit:

Not as an excuse but only as statement of fact, I am more concerned with the future of this country now than at any time in my lifetime. I believe we are at a cross road and could possibly make what I fear to be the wrong choice.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 08-18-2022 at 08:06 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I try not to discuss individual members because it usually results in bad things. But, since this thread was posted I feel obligated to respond.

Dave, just like the rest of us who post here, has some things he is passionate about and he tends to let us know how he feels about them. I have no problem with that, it is the reason the site exists.

Phillbo is not too passionate about politics and, based on what I think he said above, is feeling a bit overwhelmed about postings in the politics section. Please correct me if I am wrong.

[begin_coddling]Both of you are valued members who bring a lot to the site, I would not want to see either of you leave. [/end_coddling ]

Now, I think the logical thing to do is to avoid sections and threads that don't appeal to you. I'm not singling out any member with this, I think it applies to all of us. Just as some didn't/don't like the Bilge, others don't like politics. We have enough variety here to pick and choose what we read.

So everyone other than Phillbo relax and carry on. Phillbo - go find yourself a boogie somewhere and get some R&R! Then get your butt back here and post some content in The Bilge that we can enjoy reading.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

These are challenging times in our nation. The electorate is split 50/50. People are passionate about their positions. I personally have gotten out of line with personal insults. I have vowed not to go down that path again. I do value this forum as a place that I can discuss politics, hopefully without retribution, as a way to sort of let off the steam of my disdain for the direction this country is heading. I'm trying to understand and respect that members here have opposite views to what I hold and even those that are in line with most of my political leanings. I don't want anybody to leave for any reason. My recommendation would be just to order from the menu whatever you find suitable and ignore the rest. I've begun to do that in some manner and find that I'm quite happy still being a member here. And as always, I thank Mike for putting up at times with our childish behavior. I also thank Ben for being the elder statesman. We can all get through this. As my signature says most everything I post is an opinion, and we all know what that's worth.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm not in favor of losing any of our membership for any reason...There's room enough for all opinions, but no room for insulting vulgarisms...I think we all do very well with just a nudge toward civility from time to time...Mike's suggestions should be taken as good advice to any of us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I also thank Ben for being the elder statesman.
    And who you callin' elder, sonny boy?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I'm not in favor of losing any of our membership for any reason...There's room enough for all opinions, but no room for insulting vulgarisms...I think we all do very well with just a nudge toward civility from time to time...Mike's suggestions should be taken as good advice to any of us...And who you callin' elder, sonny boy?......Ben
    Took some balls to do that to a person who has more Smith and Wessons than Clint Eastwood, huh!!!
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Took some balls to do that to a person who has more Smith and Wessons than Clint Eastwood, huh!!!
    I'll give you that, Tom...Plus the distance factor......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I left this site for a few years. I didn't come back because the site needed me - I came back because one of my Elder friends (couldn't resist, Ben) reminded me this is where my friends are. As usual - he was right.

A few of my friends here have noticed I don't fight with people anymore. Again - that's how I deal with my friends. I give my .02 cents and then I move on.

I've met three of our members in person, Ben, lemon boy, and one of our Canuck friends.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I came back because one of my Elder friends (couldn't resist, Ben) reminded me this is where my friends are.
    Jimmy Durante:
    Everybody's tryin' ta get inta da act...
    ...Ben

You know, as I consider Ben's post, I doubt Melenials would get a Durante joke. They're missing out.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    It’s only the internet…

There are many threads here that I ignore (reason that I’m so late posting this)…

The joy of this site is that we can each pick and choose what to respond to.. and the choice criteria changes every time that we stop by..

I learn from almost all of the posts .. (some saturate my brain and I just numbly move on)..

Suggest that you go into the “audit” mode.. just lookie see .. drop an occasional fart emoji..

Besides.. you are one of the few who still own a Ford Diesel..

Everyone who disagrees with me is wrong.

I thought that was understood? I proposed that for the User Agreement ages ago. Thought it had been updated with that codicil by general acclamation back in 2003. Well, the Cracker Barrel User Agreement Subcommittee should take it up at its next plenary session. Too important to let slip for another 19 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Well, the Cracker Barrel User Agreement Subcommittee should take it up at its next plenary session. Too important to let slip for another 19 years.
    That's on the docket for the next meeting right below the revisions to the Retired Administrators Benefits Fund which is in dire need of a stiff upward revision concerning certain necessities such as pre-paid diesel debit cards, vacation staffing and an overhaul in the poolside diet grape soda service department......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    ...pre-paid diesel debit cards...
    Ding Ding Ding. Ben for President.

Hunter

I just come to read and leave snarky comments from time to time. Just don't have the energy for the long winded arguments. And facts are not needed in most responses, here and in the real world.

And steal the funny jokes and photos.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson