Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm not sure it would matter to the cult

I'm not sure it would matter to the cult

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Maybe if he stood up a year ago. Now he's as wishy washy as the rest.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

It won't matter to me. I have no trust or confidence in Pence.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Yeah, I remember when he first started voicing his own opinion. It came on late, but he did do it. I liked it then and I like it now.

Does the above mean I'd vote for him? Nope.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

The only guy that has shown interest that I believe could challenge Trump would be DeSantis. But frankly the way the polls look Trump's going to get the nomination if he is eligible to run.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

And he is going to win.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    And he is going to win.
    Unfortunately I must agree..

And when he does some really crazy stuff the party line GOP Senators won’t stand up..

Man, it turns up the heat on me when my friends are right.

We may see if all the talk in the press about insurrectionists being unqualified for public office will indeed apply. I doubt such laws have been used in modern times. And, if they are used, I'm betting #45 will appeal up to SCOTUS in his defense.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I'm the odd man out.

I believe that this past year and a half, we've seen what incompetent leadership looks like. Trump faded into the background in people's minds as they focused on inflation and Democrats that formed their firing squad into their accustomed circles. This past week, we all got a taste of what Trump brings - chaos, turbulence, wild accusations, threats of violence by his supporters, people shooting up FBI offices, the whole messy show. And I believe that in the end, THIS will be more important to independents than a bumbling tanglefoot running the government. This show is not over, it is just tuning up, so all the crap the Trump show brings will be fresh in everyone's minds and the question is whether they want a 24/7 version for four years playing out again. Not even Laura Ingraham is on board with that and she said so publicly last week.

Trump is done. DeSantis is another matter. He's smarter than Trump but just as truculent. His brand is Trump's "middle finger politics" but without Trump's baggage. He might just pull off a nomination.

I hope you're right about the future of trump.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Visit Texas and you might change your mind, Kevin. In Texas, Trump has done no wrong. He is being persecuted by the evil news media and the cheating Democrats. He could be elected king for life here by a landslide. I will never understand what has happened to the minds of Texans.

I think you guys are vastly underestimating how pissed off women are about Roe and the GOP. I'm betting they come out and vote in numbers like you have never seen in a mid term election.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

That's a good point. I had forgotten about that.

Me too. Completely off my radar but the center of my daughters' radar.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Visit Texas and you might change your mind, Kevin. In Texas, Trump has done no wrong. He is being persecuted by the evil news media and the cheating Democrats. He could be elected king for life here by a landslide. I will never understand what has happened to the minds of Texans.
    Southwest Virginia is the same way..

I speak with people who don’t watch local news (for political reasons) and therefore don’t have a clue about local issues.. then make comments that have no basis in fact.. just baffling..

We are a culture that can’t keep a surprise party secret.. how could all of the wild conspiracies have taken place?

Baffling..