Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm not sure it would matter to the cult

Mick Mulvaney, former acting Chief of Staff for Trump, was commenting on the search at Mar-a-Lago. He just sort of casually, in an "everyone knows this" sort of way, that "of course, the FBI doesn't have a good track record when it comes to dealing with Republicans". "Of course"? It really shocked me because it indicated just how hermetically sealed the conservative world is becoming. Everyone buys into the narrative of persecution, discrimination, grievance, victimhood as a Republican shibboleth and it has become a weltanshauung for them. That's the problem of never getting outside your political bubble. You never realize how kooky you sound. Same thing for the progressives. If you listen to AOC for Cory Booker or any of them, they are totally convinced that "in your heart, you know they are right". They both need to get out more.

O.K., had to look up "weltanshauung" - but other than that, I'm with you, Kevin.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Are "woke" people a cult?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

"woke" [wōk] VERB
    past of wake.

ADJECTIVE informal, alert to injustice and discrimination in society, especially racism:
    "we need to stay angry, and stay woke"
    - All from Wikipedia

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead