Thread: Truck & equipment auctions...

Truck & equipment auctions...

I do not participate in auctions of any kind...However I use the results of gun auctions to get a better handle on real world values (and also to laugh at what some drunken fools will pay for a pig-in-a-poke in their late-night bidding wars)...But in my daily cruise of truck sites, my friend DailyDieselDose, provided a little insight on prices here in one of his recent videos...Maybe not your cup of tea, but I find such videos interesting even though I'll never own anything like this......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yep, those IHs were some of the biggest haulers out there.

I have an uncle who collects old Peter Builts.

I find it odd the announcer doesn't know what the Hour Meters are for. For old-school truckers, it's the hours on an engine that matters - not the miles.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I find it odd the announcer doesn't know what the Hour Meters are for. For old-school truckers, it's the hours on an engine that matters - not the miles.

Hunter
    I think it was the term "chronometer" that puzzled him...He's pretty knowledgeable about trucks...And the display was dark so he couldn't read it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

A friend of mine is a Chevy nut----despite having a fleet of Peterbilts

He has two GMC Generals---but you would never know it because they have been "converted" to fake Chevy Bisons. He does have one genuine Bison.

All three are show quality but on occasion he will hook one up to a trailer and run a load---but he has to drive it. His drivers want nothing to do with possibly damaging one of the "babies"

When he started the business his first tractor was a GMC General.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis