Thread: Improving

Improving

We are far from being "out of the woods" but financially we are moving in a positive direction.

At close of trading yesterday: (From the WSJ)

WTI is $91.88, down from $130.50 and still above the 52 week low of $61.74
    The Dow is at 33761, up from 29653 and still down for the 52 week high of 36952
    The S&P is at 4220, up from 3637 and still down for the 52 week high of 4819

And the dollar closed at $1.03 to the Euro, down from $0.995 and up from the 52 week low of $1.19.

On a personal basis I am down 16.5% for the 52 week period. If I were to add the 7% growth aim, I am down 23.5% from my target.

Still better than a poke with a sharp stick in the eye
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Excellent work, Dave. The information you provided is useful and free. And, it comes from sources we can verify and trust.

I recommend going further and making sure our readers have a backup plan in place, in case the above entities tank. Ask yourself: Are my assets recession-proof? Can they be liquidated and converted into other monetary/financial forms?

Lastly, ensure any financial movements are legal and IRS approved. You don't want to be hit with a tax rate or charge that takes away the financial gains you've made.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Oh… I know.. all too well..

I have one more IRA to Roth roll to make and I think that I may have missed the market low..

Oh well.. I just remember to back when I was contributing to the 401k.. my taxes will be so much lower in retirement

I saw #2 Diesel selling for $4.13 yesterday. Too bad I had filled up the truck and my 5 gallon tractor cans the day before and paid $4.49.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Mike how often do you have to put Def in that tractor
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

No DEF required.

[on edit]:

The new engine comes with an after treatment system. The system operates automatically. The exhaust filter consists of a diesel particulate filter (DPF) which captures particulate matter (PM) contained in the exhaust gas. Using a natural cleaning process, most of the PM trapped in the exhaust filter is eliminated by the heat of the exhaust stream generated by normal use. In situations of low temperature, engine speed or load factor, an active cleaning cycle is initiated. In this cleaning cycle, the exhaust gas temperature is raised by injecting additional fuel during the exhaust stroke of normal vehicle operation to the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC).
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I saw #2 Diesel selling for $4.13 yesterday. Too bad I had filled up the truck and my 5 gallon tractor cans the day before and paid $4.49.
    I've had a Speedy Stop selling it at $4.15 for a week while everyone else is at $4.50 and up......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Diesel is down to $5.02 a gallon here. That's down a dollar from last week.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead