Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The FBI has raided Mar-A-Lago

The FBI has raided Mar-A-Lago

Seems to be just breaking now. I wonder if they're after those classified documents that were believed to be there or something else. Scary stuff. Unprecedented. If Trump has the goods I hope they get them. If not yikes.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Not much more info but the AP has a News Piece. Trump is not happy!

Former President Donald Trump said in a lengthy statement Monday that the FBI was conducting a search of his Mar-a-Lago estate and asserted that agents had broken open a safe.
    [snip
    “After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate,” Trump said in his statement.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Hey Donnie: Cry me a river
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Like other Presidential news (including Ex-P news) this will be spun in two directions: Those backing #45 will see persecution while those against him will see their beliefs as substantiated.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

It's possible that they will find the 33000 E Mails that hillary deleted after the were asked for .

But , I forgot. She is a democrat so there was no investigation .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    It's possible that they will find the 33000 E Mails that hillary deleted after the were asked for .

But , I forgot. She is a democrat so there was no investigation .
    Hmm I seem to remember her getting hauled before a Republican congressional committee for what, 11 hours of Testimony and then Trumps Justice Dept saying that no prosecutable crime was committed
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Hmm I seem to remember her getting hauled before a Republican congressional committee for what, 11 hours of Testimony and then Trumps Justice Dept saying that no prosecutable crime was committed
    That's the way I remember it, what a shame Hillary should have been under the jail but she lived to engineer the Russian collusion.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

interesting

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220808-225317.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	466.3 KB 
ID:	39072

and

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 3.05.07 PM.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	39073

You would have to think, even as crooked as the FBI has been at times regarding Trump, and the attorney general having to sign off on this that this is not some political job. I wish I could say that with surety but taking into consideration everything that's happened I don't know that I trust a damn thing any of them do. Time will tell and as my mom used to say the proof is in the pudding. Time for the FBI and DOJ to put up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    and

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 3.05.07 PM.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	279.7 KB 
ID:	39073
    I think your spot on January 6th and everything that's going on now is clearly to stop Trump from being able to run.

If this is for mishandling paper and not what is ON those papers, then this is penny ante bull**** and not worth spending time on.

We went through this with Clinton's e-mails. The Constitution sets the requirements for Presidential office and what disqualifies the President from holding office and no criminal law is going to overrule that. The Supreme Court would take about five minutes to stop giggling and then rule in favor of Trump if anyone tried to use a violation of the government records act to keep Trump from office. Other offices are a different story. The Constitution specifies the qualifications and disqualifications for President very specifically and does not grant federal law the power to overrule that.

So this is bull****, in my view. Unless, of course, they are after something ON those papers, that is. But if this is a Clinton e-mail redux - where no prosecutable offense was found - then this is a misuse of law enforcement for political purposes and much as I despise the man, he's got a point this time around.

If they are after something written on these papers, then he's a goner. If it is the fact that he shouldn't have put them on the plane and kept them, then this is rinky dink nonsense.

Based on AG Garland's conduct to this point, I would be very surprised to find this as frivolous. I think it more likely they knew exactly what they were after and exactly where to look.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I need a lawyer here . I was under the impression that a search warrant was supposed to name exactly what the feds or cops were searching for.

If that is in fact true , then taking boxes of paperwork without first making sure that ALL the papers were named in the warrant and other papers were in the boxes that were not covered by the warrant would in fact be against the law and thus make all the " evidence ' not useable in any court .

Now , I realize I am talking about a court of law and we all know that Congress and the Senate are not real courts BUT , the question is , just how much will the people allow ? .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

A search warrant will name what you are searching for and also contain catchall phrases such as "any other contraband".
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke