Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The FBI has raided Mar-A-Lago

She ran out of caps----but she is still taking orders

There is a difference however, the proceeds from her caps go to some kind of charity---trump's goes to his pocket charity
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    She ran out of caps----but she is still taking orders

There is a difference however, the proceeds from her caps go to some kind of charity---trump's goes to his pocket charity
    From The Hill:

Purchases of Clinton’s “But Her Emails” hat go to her Onward Together group, which she said will work to “protect voting rights, help young progressives run for office, and more.”

Sounds political to me.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Scott Perry says that a warrant was served on him for his cell phone. Something's up. I wonder if it is the fake electors scheme, some sort of conspiracy to defraud or some such.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Scott Perry says that a warrant was served on him for his cell phone. Something's up. I wonder if it is the fake electors scheme, some sort of conspiracy to defraud or some such.
    Yeah I saw that too Kev. They may be on to something bigger than we know, but like you mentioned before they better have something this time or they're going to have more than egg on their face. I will put my faith in law enforcement to do the right thing but that can change very quickly if they're dirty.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Another thought process that keeps creeping into my mind, which troubles me in many respects is that Trump is leading in the polls, he's leading any competition by double digits, they impeached him once they impeached him twice they brought the Russian collusion and they haven't been able to take him down. It may be that there are those in power in Washington that are willing to unleash hell to stop him from running again. I personally don't want him to run again but at the same time I don't want a police state making that decision for me. As usual when I think this way I certainly hope that it's not true.

“This morning, while traveling with my family, 3 FBI agents visited me and seized my cell phone," Perry said in a statement.

Perry, a top Trump ally, said the FBI "made no attempt to contact my lawyer, who would have made arrangements for them to have my phone if that was their wish. I’m outraged — though not surprised — that the FBI under the direction of Merrick Garland’s DOJ, would seize the phone of a sitting Member of Congress.”
    Right! And give you a chance to delete messages or conveniently damage or lose the phone. It doesn't work that way bubba!

This seizure tells me the search of Trump's home was probably not about missing records. I'm thinking it is about Jan. 6th....... Maybe.

Whine Here
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Man, when our freind Mike nails something, it's an extraordiary pleasure to watch him do it.

Like our other members, I look forward to seeing how this all rolls out to the public domain. We live in a time when we get to see our Democracy in action. It still amazes me how our Founding Fathers put systems into place to handle these things.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

What troubles me, is that our president is mentally incompetent. I mean that sincerely with great sadness.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    What troubles me, is that our president is mentally incompetent. I mean that sincerely with great sadness.
    That might be correct---but it isn't just this one---the last one was as well. What President in his right mind would suggest that our military shoot demonstrators to move them out of his way so he could get a photo op-----while HOLDING A BIBLE?
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 08-10-2022 at 08:35 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Could we have Gerald Ford back, please? People dissed him for being dull. I'd like dull right about now.

X2

Other than the nixon pardon about the worst thing he did was trip a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Could we have Gerald Ford back, please? People dissed him for being dull. I'd like dull right about now.
    And he didn't hesitate to act when the Mayaquez was seized.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

From my morning mail:

We must begin with some words of caution: This is a moment in the news cycle when speculation far outpaces facts. And that is especially true in this case because of the nature of the activity. This may be the most sensitive criminal investigation in American history. First, one does not pursue a president lightly. And second, we may be dealing with classified materials removed improperly when Trump left the White House. What’s in those documents and what Trump might have done with that information, we do not know. But for these reasons, this search and seizure was, and had to be, shrouded in secrecy.
    We believe the FBI had a court-approved search warrant as required by law. In our current political environment, it might be helpful for the FBI to publicly share that warrant (if they feel they can do so) or at least explicitly state that they had one, and explain how it was obtained. Just to turn down the volume on any potential claims that the FBI is "running wild,” or similar. Or if Trump really feels he’s been so wronged, he could release the warrant himself:

Neal Katyal @neal_katyal
    Search of Trump abusive? Law enforcement leaves a copy of the search warrant, which itemizes what they are looking for and what laws were violated If Trump/RNC think this search signed off on by a fed judge is abusive & they have nothing to hide,release the warrant to the public
    August 9th 2022
    7,077 Retweets28,735 Likes

A prudent consumer of news should recognize all we do not know. In a world where we expect to be inundated with information by the nanosecond, we have no choice but to be patient and see how this unfolds. It may be frustrating, but there really is no alternative.
    What is not in dispute is that this is a very big deal. It likely represents the most significant criminal investigation of a current or former president ever, and that includes Richard Nixon. This search does not take place on a whim or by a rogue team of prosecutors. This move was clearly vetted by the very top of American law enforcement, and specifically by two men constitutionally averse to condoning a partisan witch hunt: FBI Director Christopher Wray (a lifelong Republican appointed by Trump) and Attorney General Merrick Garland.
    Furthermore, early reporting indicates that FBI agents knew exactly what they were looking for. That suggests a detailed investigation and possibly a key informant or informants inside Trump world. A federal judge would likely not have signed off on this warrant unless presented with credible evidence of a crime.

Meanwhile in his deposition in NY Trump took the 5th....
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    And he didn't hesitate to act when the Mayaquez was seized.
    As opposed to the continuing hesitance of eleven US Presidents (including Ford) to reclaim the stolen US property currently anchored in shame in Pyongyang's harbor......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...