Thread: A view from the inside

A view from the inside

On ordering the BLM demonstrators to be cleared from Lafayette Square so he could have a photo op----the one where he holds a bible

You are all losers! You are all f***ing losers!” Trump said, according to the book. “Can’t you just shoot them? Just shoot them in the legs or something?” (Esper later recalled the discussion in an interview with CBS’s “60 Minutes.”)

In his letter, Milley told Trump, "You are using the military to create fear in the minds of the people — and we are trying to protect the American people."

"I cannot stand idly by and participate in that attack, verbally or otherwise, on the American people," Milley wrote. "The American people trust their military and they trust us to protect them against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and our military will do just that. We will not turn our back on the American people."

Thank the Lord for the people "inside" that had the balls to stand up against this tyrant----and shame on those who didn't.

Another account from the "Air Force Times".
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    And… The demonstrators in Lafayette Park were there legally and had already been given an exit time by the US Park Police.. Trump had the park cleared over an hour before the agreed upon exit time..

Was local news here..

The resulting demonstration took place outside the park and on the streets of the District of Columbia.. DC Mayor Muriel Bowser was so upset by the avoidable demonstration on “her turf” that she authorized the short section of 16th street (this is where the 16 in 1600 Pennsylvania Ave comes from) north of the park to be labeled, in huge letters on the asphalt, BLM Plaza.. visible from the front windows of the White House

My friends, firing the ex-Commandant of the Marine Corps was an act many of us would not politically survive.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead