Thread: Boy---they sure know how to hurt a fella

Boy---they sure know how to hurt a fella

....from my morning email:

Dear David,

I am thrilled to invite you to the second annual sporting clays shoot for The International Institute for the Brain (iBrain) being held at Midhudson Shooting Range on Friday, September 16th.  Please note the attached invite to this fun event!

The International Institute for the Brain (iBrain) strives to bring strong and vibrant educational opportunities to children with brain injury and brain-based disorders across the New York City metropolitan region. iBrain is also a ground breaking research facility finding new and advanced ways to positively impact those affected by brain injury. 

Today iBrain serves students ranging from 5 years old through 21 years old. They are growing and welcoming more students each year. iBrain’s expanding programs are based on the individual needs of each student so everyone can truly benefit. Brain injury is frequently overlooked and due to a lack of true understanding, has incredibly adverse effects on individuals, families and communities.  

Your support will help iBrain continue to grow and continue their important mission.
    ....and me without a gun
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ....and me without a gun
    With the proceeds from your auction, you may find an affordable Mossberg at the local WalMart......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Sure pile on---kick me when I'm down
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Sure pile on---kick me when I'm down
    There, there, little fella...We know who had already earmarked her fair share of those proceeds for "other" projects......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

"I don't get no respect!"

Ahhh... can always spot a Dangerfield fan.

An organization like ibrain helped me overcome a severe brain injury. The last task I completed was the most important to me - gaining Utah's permission to drive again. I took it personally when I lost my license. I felt like I'd been stripped of adulthood. Yeah, it took me a year to do it. The final exam was me driving State Street in SLC with my wife, my therapist, and a Motor Vehicle supervisor in a sedan. Frankly, it was one of the best days of my life.

May all the participants in ibrain be successful.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead