Thread: Retirement is Coming to an End.

Unhappy Retirement is Coming to an End.

So I joked with family and friends that retirement was a race, would the money run out first or the bills be paid off first? The bills won. I went for a interview at the Flying J here in town, one of the few business in town. It will save me driving long distance for a job, it's 1.2 miles away. I got a Deli Prep job so I won't really have to deal with customers, just to get sandwiches made and the hot food. It's 30 hours a week and $13.00 an hour to start, only 4 days a week. And employee's get .50 cent discount on fuel.

But now the problem I've seem to have lost my Social Security card. It's not in my 1970's day planner, remember those? So I've sent in a request for a replacement and I have to take document to the SS office. The closest is in North Platte, a 70 mile drive. They don't want my draft card from 1972 which has my SS# on it.

So I won't be using the fifth wheel this winter but I might take it some place since I have 3 days off. Looks like I will be around for the spring walleye season and it will be the first winter that I've spent in Nebraska. I'm thinking I'll need to get some heat in the garage so I can do some projects with out freezing.

My new goal is to pay off the one and only credit card I have.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

I hope it is enjoyable and the winter mild
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

With the economy in its current state and what appears to be unabated inflation, sadly your story is becoming more and more common regarding retirees having to reenter the job market. Hope your new job is all you hope it to be and helps lower your debt.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Good luck.. hope that it’s a job that you enjoy.. talk with, and listen to the young coworkers, you won’t believe what they are up to..

Slip someone an extra slice of cheese every so often.. (someone who doesn’t look like you and doesn’t expect it )

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    ...employee's get .50 cent discount on fuel.
    I'm in.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead