Thread: Now I can justify making most of our meals from scratch

Now I can justify making most of our meals from scratch

Cognitive decline linked to ultra processed food, study finds

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/01/healt...O3JqG_S53nNrrc
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Makes sense.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

i'm not surprised at all, i am surprised it is not linked to more cancers.
    it's time to change the air in my head

I have avoided processed food, as much as is reasonably possible, for years. When you live on the road it becomes a little difficult to manage.

Processed foods don't simply include things that are "made", like bread, but also things like white rice (the bran and germ has been removed), white wheat flour, and white sugar. Snacks are terrible, they are not only processed, they are made of processed components plus chemicals to do this and that.

I don't do organic for the most part but I seldom buy even frozen or canned vegetables. I do use store bought pasta but for the most part I buy Amish made pasta which is eggs and flour only.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I like it - 'cause I learned what Amish Pasta is today.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead