Thread: Retired PD LT shot and killed civilian during training

Retired PD LT shot and killed civilian during training

What was he doing with live rounds in a training exercise inside a library is what investigators want to know. He is under arrest for involuntary manslaughter.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ibra-rcna41790
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I just got through reading that...
    Witnesses told police that Porter, who had been hired to conduct the training, suddenly pulled a gun from his holster, pointed it at Manyan and pulled the trigger once.

Witnesses said Porter had a brightly colored training gun — a replica — in his holster until the time of the shooting. Camera footage in the room where the shooting occurred matched what witnesses said occurred, the affidavit said.
    A training gun is instantly differentiated from a real firearm by looks, feel and weight...I want to hear the results of this investigation......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That Officer's life is over as he knew it. He and his family will never get over it - just like the victim's family won't.

I never dealt with training guns or gun-like tasers - because I purposely stayed away from them. They were too much alike in my mind and I attempted to keep them very separate.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead