Thread: I'm better now

I'm better now

I was disappointed that the jury in the alex jones civil trial only made an award to one set of parents of $4 million---I regraded that as a slap on the wrist.

As it turns out, that was just step one---step two is about to unfold

Live Updates: Jurors Are Told That Alex Jones Earned Millions With Infowars
    One expert lays out evidence that Mr. Jones tried to hide his wealth with personal loans and shell companies. Jurors, who already awarded more than $4 million in compensatory damages, are deliberating to determine punitive damages for the parents of a Sandy Hook victim.
    Leave the bastard homeless
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

45 million in punative damages
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Excellent

I do wonder if they will ever actually get any of that money

There are more parents just waiting their turns---may they drag this bastard into the gutter!

I just said to my wife that he makes old rush look like a boy scout
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It appears that the declared bankruptcy which was filed for last week is being held up by a Judge

My wife made an interesting comment at dinner tonight. She suggested that she thought it possible that jone's lawyer had a moment of conscience and intentionally passed on the detail records from jone's telephone. That thought brought a most pleasant smile to my face

May he have cold fries for dinner tonight

MTG feels sorry for her friend

That guy is what MAGA is for me - belligerent, paranoid, driven by lies and resentments. He is always mad about something. You can tell just by looking at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    That guy is what MAGA is for me - belligerent, paranoid, driven by lies and resentments. He is always mad about something. You can tell just by looking at him.
    I think they could be two peas in the same pod.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

The court sent a strong headline to our communities that attacking grieving families and survivors of shootings will not be tolerated.

This has nothing to do with guns. It's about protecting people who've already lost so much in their lives. It won't make those people whole - but it will make mean people like Jones think twice before mistreating others.

In most states, monetary awards from criminal actions cannot be erased due to bankruptcy.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

A side story that came out of the phone records is that jones and roger stone were carrying on "intimate" conversations

I guess the tattoo of richard nixon on stone's back should have been a clue

Hopefully his problems are just starting.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson