Thread: Why I am pro death penalty

Why I am pro death penalty

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

The recidivism rate of those successfully sentenced to execution is consistently less than 5%......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I dunno......serving up cold fries just ain't right........
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

“Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.”
    JRR Tolkien, "The Fellowship of the Ring"

I still don't get it----I simply don't get the disconnect in "value"----for cold fries you kill someone Go find a microwave a** hole

In one stupid tradeoff or another this is happening everywhere---every day, every night----and half the time the ones that get shot weren't even part of the silliness---these bastards don't shoot straight either
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Who orders fries?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Who orders fries?
    I go to McDonald's and order the fries all by themselves. I get a couple of the largest size they have and freeze them in ziplocks. They are almost as good as fresh if you crisp them in an air fryer. For my purpose I don't care if they are cold.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

This site is like the movie "Diner" - the people are quirky but the food is good!

Mmm... McDonald's fries. Don't get me started.

I support the death penalty in the handful of cases that merit it.

Now, I've been upfront about my involvement in our state executions. I did it so that my fellow staff would not have to participate. On all of our executions, all staff participating were volunteers. On each of the five executions I worked on, I sat down with the file of the offender in an effort to understand why he was being executed.

In our system, offenders with a Max Risk/Needs label are not necessarily safe for our prison staff encountering them in housing units. The case of Ronnie Lee Gardner comes to mind. He killed an attorney during an escape attempt at our downtown SLC court. However, my wife and I did not work on his execution because it was by a firing squad - which neither of us wanted to see.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead