Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A bright spot?

Admonishment is often viewed negatively, but in the Bible, God admonishes Israel so that His people will accept His love. In Colossians, Paul says

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. (Colossians 3:16)
    Admonishment can come from a feeling of affection, wanting to help a friend not fall into sin, and stay in the light of the Lord.

And so, yes, I believe Ben is admonishing. In the very best sense of the word and out of the same concern for two people he cares about.

Where's that emoji?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Yet you deny being pro-choice. You are a chameleon. And really don't disgust with a response say you were talking about the politics of the issue and not the reality of abortion.
    I don't take kindly to being accused falsely of something and called names.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I don't take kindly to being accused falsely of something and called names.
    You would not have done well in my family.. a difference of opinion came with a serious ration of chit.. and then the ration was returned, with a spicy addition..

I interpreted the above as someone trying to “get your goat”.. (maybe playing a little rougher than usual (tackle vs flag))

Brush the dust off and get back in the game..

I was thrown out of a Mormon (traditionally the one of nicest /polite groups around) funeral.. “I got better “ (Monty Python)