Thread: Why?

Why?

Is the new democrat bill that has been pushed through the Senate by virtue of a tie breaking vote from the vice president calledthe inflation reduction act. Once again they think we're stupid. The real purpose of the act was to push through the climate agenda. They could have been honest and at least mentioned climate in the title of the bill. But with the midterms coming they know that doesn't sell well considering average Americans are suffering tremendously from an economic point of view.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    They could have been honest

You are wishing apon a pipe dream........

Why? Read your post, you answered your own question. It's all about votes.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Why? Read your post, you answered your own question. It's all about votes.
    You're right I did answer my own question. Still doesn't make me feel any better. I don't think the Democrats have ever seen a dollar they weren't willing to spend.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    ...........I don't think the Democrats have ever seen a dollar they weren't willing to spend.
    For the most part, neither have the Republicans. They all love spending other people's money.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Well we'll see if the bill reduces inflation as advertised. It's certainly going to load the pockets of the greenies.

It will have almost no effect on inflation. About the only thing Congressional policy can do is create inflation by spending. Once created, there are almost no tools at the disposal of Congress to tame the beast. So much of the budget is non-discretionary, there is very little wiggle room downwards. But there is no ceiling on spending...

I'm passing through but will point out our government is spending in a major sector we can readily see - our roads and highways. Does that impact inflation - nope. It's merely a tool used to distribute money.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead