Thread: Today's history lesson...

Today's history lesson...

For those among us who have become disenchanted with the direction in which America is going, it is certainly possible to found your own nation, even moving it from one location to another whenever it seems expedient...The Republic of Molossia has existed in its current position on the map for six years...The nation's own website can provide answers to all your questions...Here is a special message from their President:
    Greetings!

I would like to wish you a very warm welcome and assure you that I am delighted that you have chosen to visit our official Molossian Website. This site is an important connection to the world, a link transcending the barriers of distance and helping me to fulfill my commitment to the Molossian people to use the office of President to reach out to others. I hope that it will be particularly helpful in educating the world about our nation.
    Their rich history can serve as a blueprint for those wishing to found a nation suiting their own needs......Ben

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flag.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	418.4 KB 
ID:	39057
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Will we need a visa to visit?

I like that his real estate taxes are classified as foreign aid

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's an open border since no hostile acts have been reported and trade is not restricted......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I found it, Joe...Here are the requirements for entry......Ben

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Thanks..

I’ll ask if it’s ok for the walrus to be on a leash..

He suffers separation anxiety when he has to wait in the camper..

Thanks..

I’ll ask if it’s ok for the walrus to be on a leash..

He suffers separation anxiety when he has to wait in the camper..
    I suffer the same symptoms when separated from my sidearm...Negotiations have been initiated between Molossia and the Republic of Texas for a reciprocity agreement for concealed handgun licenses...Until then we'll just have to speak with each other over the border crossing......Ben

It's gotta be a tax dodge.

"Republic of Molossia, a micronation in Dayton's area."
    - Wikipedia

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    It's gotta be a tax dodge.

Hunter
    They treat property taxes levied against the property as foreign aid...Seems legit......Ben