Thread: I guess this time the term "assault weapon" fits...

I guess this time the term "assault weapon" fits...

A group of thugs in a likely stolen vehicle backed into a convenience store's handicap parking spot with the obvious intention of scoring some quick money to waste on more drugs...They did not count on the store operator who didn't mind getting off the first shot...One of them would now qualify for the handicap spot......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That brings to mind the "gang that couldn't shoot straight"----those boys should look for another line of work, they don't seem emotionally ready for this one

Just an observation overall----these guys that are running around shooting up neighborhoods and street corners apparently never learned to shoot straight. It seems that in many classes what they hit is "collateral damage".
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Always said that in confined areas a shotgun is your best friend
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    A scattergun may not help the resale value of the remaining inventory, but that would be the least of my concerns...I recall a few stories from a now-deceased friend of mine who worked the shotgun squads in Houston liquor stores in the 70's...One in particular comes to mind in which he was reprimanded after killing an armed bandit on Halloween night...The last words the miscreant heard in this life were, "Trick or treat, mother****er!"...Unfortunately my friend had to answer for that since the store camera caught it all......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    "Trick or treat, mother****er!"...

Life does offer those special moments
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Back in the early 90's I was advised it was the best protection in an RV, short barrel and pistol grip, point and shoot. The author made the statement that there's no one that doesn't know the sound of a shotgun action. My mom was with me on a trip and was worried about someone breaking in, I told her I would hate to have to buy a new door for the trailer.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

And now---for the rest of the story

The store owner, who is 80, had a heart attack over this but is recovering just fine

The punk with the rifle isn't doing as well

I could not understand what he was screaming as he ran---apparently he was whining loudly, "he shot my arm off" ----damn shame about that pal

He is now in the hospital in critical condition-----all the worst to you punk
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 08-03-2022 at 07:48 AM.

I'll take a heart attack over a GSW any day......Ben

It gets better.

All four of the punks went to a hospital----where three of them were immediately arrested and the fourth was admitted. If it were up to me, I'd cut the damn thing off and beat him over the head with it

We'll put this one in the "Please don't shoot at me, I'm stupid" file.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead