Thread: On the issue of red state/blue state

On the issue of red state/blue state

A New Generation of Leadership

Challenging the Red State, Blue State Fallacy, from Dan Rather. A tribute to Texas
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"Change bubbles up from the community level and it can be contagious."
    - Steady

I like it when Democracy succeeds.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

We neither need, nor want Dan Rather in Texas. That goes for almost all of the refugees from blue states. They didn't like it where they lived but they come here and try to change Texas into the states that they fled. Stay home!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

You said exactly what I would have said but I don't live there glad you stated that point!
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    We neither need, nor want Dan Rather in Texas. That goes for almost all of the refugees from blue states. They didn't like it where they lived but they come here and try to change Texas into the states that they fled. Stay home!
    He is a native..

Born raised.. college and law school in Texas..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    He is a native..

Born raised.. college and law school in Texas..
    I am aware of that but he spent his life in New York and became one of "them".
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Mike, did you read the article?

I thought it was rather complimentary.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Mike, did you read the article?

I thought it was rather complimentary.
    Yes, I read the article. He wants to liberalize Texas. While I admit we have some right wing extremists in high office that I would like to see defeated, I don't want them defeated by democrats or leftists of any sort.

I didn't get that, I thought he was looking past the Abbotts and gohmerts as not defining Texas.

A compliment from Dan Rather is something that I would 'rather' not have. He's pretty much a disgraced journalist trying to make a few bucks more while he's still above ground.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    What’s the frequency Kenneth ? Dan Rather even has a song…
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/What...cy,_Kenneth%3F

Seriously.. the article is pretty good and paints a good picture of how the nation views other states..

Man, when R.E.M. does a grunge song - it rocks.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead