Thread: Here you go Bo---just in time for your pending retirement

Here you go Bo---just in time for your pending retirement

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That does look like the style to which the future first lady would like to become accustomed......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

......and surely she deserves it
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Very NICE !!!!!

Oh, man, three in the tree too.

So many fantastic cars, so little time.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Oh, man, three in the tree too.
    That reminds me of a car owned by a guy in my squadron overseas...He was the only guy on base who drove a Simca...It had a 4 speed manual, shifted on the column, but with a shift pattern the exact reverse of what you would expect...The car was weird, and so was he, but he seemed to like all things French so for him it seemed normal......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yeah, I had a '67 Bronco with 3T. Simply put, it always ran but finding the right gear wasn't so good.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I had a 53 Chevy pickup with what was then I suspect the only choice. There was a "box" on the steering column in the engine compartment. That had the shift rods to the transmission mounted on it and on a fairly regular basis it would get stuck---in no gear.

The fix was to get out, open the hood, smack the little box and the rods a few times with a piece of 2 X 4

I like it - reminds me of the old TV's I'd whack to get then to work.

And, I miss the days when my Dad and I would take out the tubes, take 'em to Walgreen's, and test them on the machine there. And, the new tubes weren't expensive, as I recall. Now, when your TV goes out, you be screwed.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I had a 53 Chevy pickup with what was then I suspect the only choice. There was a "box" on the steering column in the engine compartment. That had the shift rods to the transmission mounted on it and on a fairly regular basis it would get stuck---in no gear.

The fix was to get out, open the hood, smack the little box and the rods a few times with a piece of 2 X 4
    My first vehicle was a 1965 Chevrolet C-10 Style side short bed, straight six, three on the tree. I got really good to rolling to a stop at a light, jump out open the hood and reach down and unjam the shift levers. After several months I finally replaced the bushings to tighten them up and problem solved.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    My first vehicle was a 1965 Chevrolet C-10 Style side short bed, straight six, three on the tree. I got really good to rolling to a stop at a light, jump out open the hood and reach down and unjam the shift levers. After several months I finally replaced the bushings to tighten them up and problem solved.
    Ya----fancy truck----but I bet mine had more cow chit on it than yours

my dad made sure i was able to drive and start just about everything. 3 on the tree was always weird to me, but i can drive it. there where times that shifting was a bit hard as there were no sychros. some of the older cars, late 30's early 40's had the start buttons on the floor, some tied into the gas peddle. i can get most of them starting and driving fairly easily. i, however, have never mastered the ol' model a's and t's that you need to control the throttle and spark advance/timing. i always seem to make them backfire i'd like to get the chance to play with one of those for a few days, but the opportunity has never come up.
    it's time to change the air in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Ya----fancy truck----but I bet mine had more cow chit on it than yours
    Could be but was yours painted forest service green with a brush and roller? Have 1/4" steel plate for a bed that was sealed so well if you parked it nose down it would look like a swimming pool? Mine got cooler, I pinstriped it with vinyl tape. Of course I wanted something newer than the 1957 5 window pickup my uncle found for me.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Mine was blue---it wasn't really mine, it was a "farm truck" and I got to drive it

It didn't have a lot of paint left