Thread: A busy day in DC

A busy day in DC

Yesterday the CHIPS Act passed the Senate and now only needs to go back to the House for reconciliation with their previously passed bill. That is a major win for the nation.

We should never have gotten ourselves in this position---but we did and it was an untenable position that needed to be fixed.

In addition, manchin and mcConnell both blinked and it broke the dam on a lot of legislation----but not all

I guess they saw so many bills advance today they just had to block something----anything---they didn't care

Tonight, Senate Republicans unexpectedly killed the Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act, which would have provided medical benefits for veterans exposed to burn pits and other toxins during their military service. The bill passed the Senate by a vote of 84 to 14 in June and had been sent back to that body for a procedural cleanup after the House passed it with the expectation that it would repass easily. Tonight’s vote is being widely interpreted as revenge for the resurrection of the reconciliation package.
    Attacking our veterans out of spite might not be a winning move.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    PACT act is one of Bidens “pets” .. I can see it being blocked out of spite /revenge..

Governor Younkin of Virginia vetoed every bill that had been sponsored by a democrat, every bill, 100%... spite/revenge isn’t only happening in Washington

Revenge does not belong in politics. We expect our legislators to take care of our nation. If they don't, we'll vote them out.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    ...... we'll vote them out.

Hunter
    Unfortunately, we rarely do.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Yeah, an incumbent has to perform at a really rotten level to lose.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead