Thread: rws model 48 (diana) .177 pelet gun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

rws model 48 (diana) .177 pelet gun

anybody ever play with one of these springers? i've had mine since the mid 90's. had it changed to the competion spring (1200fps) about 15yrs ago. it's time to do it again my shot pattern has gone from nickel size to 3" at 70 yards.
    i'd like to change it myself this time, but have never messed with one of these.
    i have a new spring, seals and spring compressor for it. it is suppose to bring my little .177 to 1550 fps
    any info appriciated.
    it's time to change the air in my head

Dayum!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

yeah...sounds almost like a .22 rifle when it goes off. i just want the accuracy back. i'm guessing i've put 8,000 shots on the old spring, and it is getting weak causing the inaccuracy. it also has a very slight rattle when i shoot it, so maybe the spring broke. i use it for vermin and taget plinking. you would not believe the attention that gun gets when i take it to the range to shoot. everyone wants to try!
    i shoot gammo red fires always. mean and nasty little pellet.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red fire.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	39029

My brother had a pellet gun back in the '70's that could shoot those. It was air powered and it took about 4 pumps of the compression handle to fully charge it. I liked it, 'cause it was more accurate and much quieter than the 22 rifles we had.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

mine is a springer, cock it once and it is at full power and very accurate. not so quiet though.

Got me to thinking... when I was young I had so many friends with those old Daisy BB guns. Looked 'em up and, sure thing, they're still in business and selling.

My friends and I would wear goggles and hunt each other in my neighborhood. Heck, the BBs would sting but not penetrate.

Hutner
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead