Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have experience with the cell phone carrier called Mint?

Anyone have experience with the cell phone carrier called Mint?

Title says it all....

Anyone using them? It is much cheaper than Verizon but they tag team on the T-Mobile network and that concerns me.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    There are not a lot of cellular networks to choose from.. AT&T, Verizon and T-mobile.. just about everyone else buys bandwidth from the big three..

i have not tried it yet, but i guy i work with just got one last week. so far cell service is the same as the verison i have. i'll keep you posted as we work in many places with minimal cell service. we will be in shunk and nordmont next week, both areas are terrible for reception. att seems best in those spots. i had att for years and switched to verison in jan. i no longer have cell service at my shop, need to go about a mile up the road to get service
    it's time to change the air in my head

Ahhh... that's the one Actor Ryan Reynolds says he owns in the Mint Commercial.

Wifey and I are with Verizon.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Wifey and I are with Verizon.
    I've never had a problem of any kind with Verizon in the many years I've used it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I've never had a problem of any kind with Verizon in the many years I've used it......Ben
    I do---it happens every month on the 5th----the bill is due
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Never had a problem with verizon either... Losing my job AGAIN (role is being "globalized" to india). Sick and tired of the corp world so looking to retire so trying to cut expenses....

Sorry to hear Bo. Use T-mobile myself.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Never had a problem with verizon either... Losing my job AGAIN (role is being "globalized" to india). Sick and tired of the corp world so looking to retire so trying to cut expenses....
    I know several people that work from home for Wells Fargo. They make really good money and the benefits are great.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Sorry Bo----that sucks
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    i have not tried it yet, but i guy i work with just got one last week. so far cell service is the same as the verison i have. i'll keep you posted as we work in many places with minimal cell service. we will be in shunk and nordmont next week, both areas are terrible for reception. att seems best in those spots. i had att for years and switched to verison in jan. i no longer have cell service at my shop, need to go about a mile up the road to get service
    Flaco My buddy put this together it's a repeater mast/ amplifier and he was able to get 4 bars in the middle of a forest where the phone alone got none
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cell repeater.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	39034Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amplifier and antenna.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	39035
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Sick and tired of the corp world so looking to retire so trying to cut expenses....
    Will unemployment benefits carry you through until the inauguration?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I know several people that work from home for Wells Fargo. They make really good money and the benefits are great.
    I've been working from home with Wells for 2 years.....

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Flaco My buddy put this together it's a repeater mast/ amplifier and he was able to get 4 bars in the middle of a forest where the phone alone got none
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cell repeater.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	39034Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amplifier and antenna.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	39035
    please send me more info. i am more than willing to try a mast. heck there is no cell service of any sort at my house, but 1/2 mile away i have full bars.

bo, sorry to hear about your job getting cut. that really sucks.
    it's time to change the air in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    please send me more info. i am more than willing to try a mast. heck there is no cell service of any sort at my house, but 1/2 mile away i have full bars.

bo, sorry to hear about your job getting cut. that really sucks.
    I will get you the tech info from my buddy. He is one of the head geeks at Lawrence Livermore National Lab. He knows his electronics
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"